Crowdys Hill School is a large, maintained Special School in Swindon, for students with moderate learning difficulties and complex additional needs, aged 5-19 years.
Our school has recently undergone a period of rapid growth, almost doubling in size since 2015. We are a happy, vibrant, ambitious and unique school, providing an education that leads our students into fulfilling and productive adult lives.
We are looking to appoint a knowledgeable, caring, enthusiastic and talented Headteacher who will relentlessly focus on providing the very best for each and every student.
The successful candidate will have:-
- Wide and recent experience with working with children with relevant SEN(D) and their families
- Substantial leadership experience at Deputy Head level or above
- An unrelenting commitment to school improvement through a collaborative approach, including work with other schools
- A creative, clear and thoughtful approach to successfully delivering the school’s priorities
- A flexible, pragmatic and positive approach to managing change
- A working knowledge and understanding of school finances
- Experience of working closely with the Governing Body and the Local Authority to support school improvement
Crowdys Hill School will provide:
- The opportunity to work with our brilliant young people
- A dedicated, welcoming and hardworking team of staff
- A committed and experienced leadership team
- A Governing Body which is committed to your ongoing professional development
- A school community that welcomes innovation and nurtures talent
- A school building that boasts excellent facilities, including a substantial on-site farm.
Candidates are warmly invited and encouraged to visit the School. To take up this opportunity, please contact Trudy Topp, Admin Manager at the school to arrange a suitable time.
Application closing date: Noon - Thursday 12 September 2019
Interviews: Tuesday 17 and Wednesday 18 September 2019
Crowdys Hill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and all post holders are subject to an Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure and employment checks. References will be called and checked prior to interview. The right to work in the UK and qualifications will be checked at the time of the interview.