At Nantymoel Primary School, our vision is 'Laugh, learn, achieve - together we succeed' and our passion is to strive for every child to be the very best that they can be.
If you share our passion and the vision of our school and believe you can make a difference in the lives of our pupils, staff and the wider school community, then we want to hear from you!
Nantymoel Primary School is situated north of Bridgend, approximately 20 minutes from the M4, at the top of the Ogmore Valley and is surrounded by stunning hills, giving way to the Bwlch mountain road and beyond. The school building dates back to 1928 and was originally built as a secondary school, however it is now home to a nursery department and caters to the education of children up to the ages of 11.
This is an exciting opportunity for an inspirational, ambitious and talented Senior Leader who will relentlessly focus on providing the best possible education for our children.
You will have the drive, determination and energy to build on our successes and on our children's achievements and work with our stakeholders to further develop our school.
Our children say they want our school to be the best it can be and if you share our ethos we would love to hear from you.
What we can offer you:
* the opportunity to develop professionally and personally;
* a committed and established Senior Leadership Team with high expectations of themselves, staff and children;
* a dedicated, innovative and focused team of teachers, support staff who all share the same passion of ensuring that every child achieves their full potential and beyond;
* engaging children with a healthy appetite for knowledge and fun;
* a Governing Board which provides key support and challenge;
* Professional support from Local Authority and well-established school to school collaboration.
What you can offer to us:
* to empower and inspire staff and children to be the best they can be;
* to sustain and accelerate progress in raising standards of teaching and learning'
* to drive the development of a curriculum that both engages and challenges children;
* to strive for ambitious standards for all children with a range of challenges within a nurturing and inclusive environment;
* to continue to develop and widen parental and community involvement;
* to be visible, approachable and has the resilience to meet the day to day challenges of this pivotal role;
* experience of creating community engagement initiatives or possess innovative skills and ideas to widen our scope of engagement activities;
* personal and professional integrity and is not afraid to challenge when appropriate in the best interests of our children.
Nantymoel Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. Successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check along with other relevant employment checks. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.
Applicants applying for their first Headteacher appointment must hold the NPQH.
Closing date: Wednesday 4th September 2019
Nantymoel Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.