Salary details: L18 £60,755 - L24 £70,370
Contract Type: Permanent Appointment
Hours per Week: FTE
Closing date: 13 September 2019 12:00 PM
Carlton Primary School is a dynamic, welcoming and successful school set in a semi-rural village location between Leeds and Wakefield within easy access of the A1, M62 and M1 motorways.
These are exciting times at Carlton Primary School. Although at our last inspection, we were judged as ‘requires improvement’, our Governing Body is confident that we are can achieve a ‘good’ outcome next time.
The Governors are looking for a dynamic and inspirational Headteacher who will lead the existing team and build on the progress and achievements already secured during the last two years in particular in order to further improve outcomes for our enthusiastic learners.
We are looking for an inspirational leader, who will unlock the potential in each and every child, providing a nurturing and enriching primary school experience.
We are looking for:
• An outward looking, enthusiastic and strategic visionary, committed to partnership working
• An educational leader who will secure excellence in learning, teaching and continuous improvement throughout all key stages by challenging, inspiring and motivating everyone.
• A passionate individual who will shape our school provision to meet the needs of our cohort of children, who will champion our school values and who will keep our learners happy, healthy and safe
Our new Headteacher will bring:
• The energy and creativity to drive curriculum innovation at the same time as maintaining existing practices that are working effectively
• A rigorous approach in identifying pupil achievement gaps and an imaginative approach to the instigation of interventions to address these gaps
• Innovative, supportive and empowering leadership and communication skills with a vision that inspires and motivates;
• An ability to turn challenging situations into positive outcomes
• A demonstrable track record of developing a team to meet the high expectations required.
In return, we can offer:
• Inquisitive, vibrant and well-behaved children who are hardworking, caring and proud to attend their school.
• A dedicated hardworking staff team with a wide spectrum of experience who are keen to build on the schools existing strengths.
• A supportive, well informed governing body committed to enabling the ongoing success of the school with regular monitoring and by insisting on leadership with high aspirational aims.
• An energetic and determined PTA which goes from strength to strength in support of the school
We would be happy to accept applications from school leaders, including Headteachers, Heads of School, Deputy Head Teachers and Assistant Headteachers with relevant strong school leadership experience.
We strongly encourage potential candidates to visit the school to experience what it has to offer, although understand that this may not be possible. If possible, we will also try and accomodate ‘out of hours’ visits. Please contact our School Business Manager, Maxine Haist on 0113-2475786 to arrange a visit on 4, 5 or 6th September.
To request an application pack please contact Emily Harker or another member of the HR Schools via email (see how to apply)
Closing date: Friday 13th September 2019 12 noon
Assessment dates: 24/25 September 2019
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
Carlton Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.