Post Title (Subject): Headteacher
Grade: Leadership Group
Hours: Full Time
Closing Date: 13/09/2019
Interview Date: 24/09/2019
Start Date: 01/01/2020
Salary Range: Group 1 - £47,501 - £55,064
Required from 1st January 2020
Steam Mills Primary School is a popular, innovative and thriving school in the Forest of Dean with high standards of achievement and behaviour. Following the career progression within the Local Authority of our current Head Teacher, we are seeking to appoint a strong and effective Head with the energy and vision to build on our many excellent qualities. We are very well supported by parents/carers and the community, with our children always at the heart of all the decisions we take.
We are seeking an inspirational leader who will:
• ensure that every child thrives in our supportive and nurturing school and is prepared for the next stage of their education, with a growing knowledge of the world and a thirst to learn and desire to be the best they can be, fulfilling our motto of “Skills for Learning, Learning for Life”.
• cultivate a motivated, caring and focused team (staff and governors) to follow a clear vision, goals and ensure accountability, working together to do the best for our pupils.
• strive to continue our reputation of having children that are wonderful ambassadors for the school.
• work to ensure that every child strives to achieve better than expected progress in academic performance or extra-curricular activities.
• lead the school to ensure our continued commitment and drive to be the best school that we can be, upholding our positive reputation within the local community.
We can offer you:
• a strong and dedicated team (staff and governors).
• a school ethos where children, staff, governors and parents/carers are highly supportive.
• children who have positive behaviours towards their learning.
• an established commitment to a creative and knowledge rich curriculum.
• a beautiful, rural setting including large open spaces and a Forest School area.
• a school deeply rooted in its community.
• children who are confident and supportive of each other.
We warmly invite and encourage you to visit our school. Please telephone (01594) 82 25 67 to arrange an appointment.
The closing date for applications is Friday 13th September 2019 at 12 noon.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 24th September and Wednesday 25th September 2019.
Steam Mills Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children in our care and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required for the successful applicant.
Steam Mills Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.