Green Hill School
Heol Bryn Glas
Post Title: Headteacher
Post Ref No: ED50055094
Salary: L18 – 24 (£57,520 - £66,623)
Contract Type: Full time and permanent
Start Date: January 2020 or sooner
‘Nurture Inspire Achieve’
Greenhill School is a highly successful school in the North of the City of Cardiff catering for pupils with SEBD.
The Governing Body are seeking to appoint an inspirational and progressive Headteacher to help them to exceed the current standards, whilst continuing on their current school improvement journey. The position has become vacant due to the retirement of our experienced headteacher We are looking to appoint a headteacher who can combine visionary leadership with proven competence in management to ensure a secure environment for the ongoing development of the school.
The successful candidate will have:
• Ability to lead, manage and motivate staff and pupils to achieve high standards
• Ability to articulate and communicate a clear vision of high quality educational provision for the school
• The capacity to listen and communicate effectively with all partners, further developing our close relationships with parents, carers, governors and the community
• Proven success in a range of strategic roles including data management, self-evaluation and school improvement.
We can offer:
• A highly professional, talented, innovative and happy teaching and support team who are committed to progression and change in order to further the development of the school
• A supportive, committed and engaged Governing Body who are dedicated to working in partnership to achieve the best for all our children
GREENHILL’s last inspection was very successful and it has continued to improve, being recognised as a ‘green’ category school. Its excellent practice is highly inclusive, providing bespoke and unique learning opportunities for its learners, with favourable outcomes.
Offering 6th form provision for the first time in the school’s history from September 2019 and in the context of the Welsh Government national agenda for curriculum change, the school is at an exciting stage of transition.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to take our school to the next stage in its development.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Alternatively, if you are not able to download a copy, you can contact Connect-2-Cardiff (C2C) or e-mail Cardiff Works at for an application pack quoting reference: ED50055094 and the job title.
Completed application forms to be returned to
HR People Services, Room 463, County Hall, Atlantic Wharf, Cardiff CF10 4UW
by 23rd September 2019 by 12pm
Shortlisting will take place on 26th September 2019
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place on:
30th September and 1st October 2019.
Please contact the school to arrange a suitable date and time for a visit.
Please telephone the school
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced check.
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possible be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerble adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.