Start Date: Spring or Summer term 2020
Long Ditton St Mary’s is a voluntary aided Church of England junior school serving the local community. The Governing Body invite applications from both experienced headteachers and those with senior leadership team experience aspiring to headship.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is confident in their own abilities and possesses exceptional leadership skills
- Is ambitious for our school and for the children in it
- Understands the needs of, and is enthusiastic about, a Key Stage 2 only school
- Implements change whilst balancing continuous improvement with a respect to staff and their wellbeing
- Works closely with staff, parents, governors, the Diocese of Guildford and our local authority to consolidate good practice
- Will ensure that our school is a local school, welcoming all in our local community, which is distinctively Christian in all aspects.
We can offer:
- The challenge of taking our school to the next level
- A caring supportive environment with high expectations for pupils and staff
- A close knit and committed staff team
- A knowledgeable, engaged and committed governing body.
We highly recommend that you make an appointment to visit the School (in advance of your application). In order to do so please contact the school office.
Closing Date: Noon on Monday 7th October 2019
Interview Date for successful candidates: Monday 14th October 2019
Long Ditton St Mary’s Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Any successful applicant will be required to undertake a Disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service at an appropriate level for the post