Department: The Fen Rivers Academy
Kilham's Way, King's Lynn PE30, UK
Pay zone: Leadership Pay Range (LDR)
Salary: £57,985- £65,560
Contractual type: Full time - permanent
Catch22 exists to help build a society where everyone has a good place to live, good people around them, and a fulfilling purpose. We call these our '3Ps'.
The Fen Rivers Academy opened in June 2018 and has special school status for children with social, emotional and mental health needs. The school currently serves up to 48 children in key stages 1 and 2. However it is in an exciting period of expansion and will open its doors to year 7 pupils in September 2020 and will grow to a key stage 1-4 school for 100 pupils.
You will be a dynamic senior leader with knowledge and understanding of SEMH to lead our Special School. You will be an inspirational figure who, following a disappointing OFSTED inspection is able to motivate colleagues and engage stakeholders to ensure fast progress and influence change.
The Fen Rivers Academy is one of seven schools within the Multi Academies Trust and joins The Everitt Academy (Suffolk) and The Spires Academy (Northampton) as part of the East & Central hub. The current cohort consists of years 1 to 6 but will expand to encompass years 7 to 11 gradually from September 2020. Alongside this is the expansion into a larger site.
You will work closely with fellow Headteachers within the Multi Academies Trust, in the Local Authority and with LA Officers to ensure that Norfolk pupils are receiving the best education to meet their needs.
Main Duties & Accountabilities
The Headteacher will assist the Executive Principal to:
Maintain a high-quality educational environment for students with additional SEMH learning needs
- Ensure the continued development of The Fen Rivers Academy and make a significant contribution to organisation, leadership and management
- Play a full and active role in supporting and promoting every aspect of the life of the Academy
- Attend and contribute to Local Governing Body meetings
- Accept the collective responsibility of the SLT and respect its confidentiality when this is agreed to be necessary
- Keep abreast of developments within education and the special sector at local, national and international level.
A relevant qualification in education or equivalent significant operational experience in a relevant specialist education area.
Qualified Teaching Status (QTS)
NPQH attainment not essential but would be an advantage
The right candidate...
You will be enthusiastic with an understanding of the risks that exist for vulnerable and complex young people and their families and a passion for achieving positive outcomes.
You will need to be both creative and resilient as some of the situations you will encounter will be challenging, with a firm belief in inspirational teaching and learning and its ability to transform lives.
Managing teams for improved performance.
- Leading whole school change.
- Working in partnership with commissioners to deliver high quality services.
- Knowledge of schools quality frameworks and Ofsted.
- Knowledge of the statutory requirements and legislation relating to school leadership and management including safer recruitment, safeguarding, data protection and health and safety.
- Understanding of the curriculum delivery for core subjects and vocational learning.
- Click here for Person Specification
There is no deadline for applications but we may close the advert at any time once we receive enough applications.
Catch22 MAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post. Any offer of employment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Catch 22 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.