£71,742 to £81,867 (L19 to L25) per annum
Full Time Permanent
Start date: Required from April 2020 but will consider applications from candidates who require a September 2020 start
We are looking for an outstanding and inspirational leader to join Hotham Primary School as our new Headteacher.
Hotham is a two-form entry community-maintained school in Putney, South West London. We are a school that are proud to reflect and embrace our entire community and one that Ofsted continues to rate as being “Good” (October 2019).
We are very proud of our success but always aspire to be better and are seeking someone who shares our ambition. Our Headteacher will be highly motivated and will deliver inspirational leadership, through enabling children and staff to aim for and achieve higher standards.
We have a strong commitment to the continuous improvement of every aspect of school life and strive to deliver a comprehensive educational experience of the highest quality for our children, who come from many diverse backgrounds and have varying abilities.
This is a truly exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced senior lead to join our very happy school.
We are looking for:
- An outstanding primary school practitioner
- An inspirational and motivational leader with high expectations both inside and outside of the classroom
- Someone with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, who will work in partnership with pupils, staff, governors, parents and carers and the wider community
- Someone with a proven record of accomplishment in raising standards at a time of educational and financial change
- Someone who is enthusiastic, innovative, and capable
- A mentor who can support and promote the development of all staff at all stages of their careers
- A commitment to work with stakeholders to achieve the best for all our pupils and the school community
We can offer:
- Motivated, keen, happy and talented children
- Hardworking and dedicated staff, senior leadership team and governing body
- Supportive and engaged parent community
- Great location and a well-resourced learning and working environment
Visits to the school are encouraged and can be booked through the school office. Please contact Mrs Catharine Burton to book an appointment. We look forward to meeting you and receiving your application.
We encourage applicants to make on-line applications wherever possible.
Alternatively please contact Alison Duke, Senior HR Officer to receive an application pack or with enquiries regarding the application process.
Visits to the school: Monday 2nd December 2019 to Friday 10th January 2020 (by appointment)
Closing date: Sunday 12th January 2020 (midnight)
Shortlisting date: Thursday 16th January 2020
Interview date: Monday 27th January 2020
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. CVs will not be considered.
Hotham Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.