Headteacher Dovecote Primary
Required for September 2020
Salary Range: L18 – L24A, £62,426 - £71,590
We are seeking a Headteacher to replace our current Head who is retiring after 13 years in the post. Dovecote Primary is a Nottingham City Council maintained school comprising a 420-place primary and 60-place nursery. We are a founding member of the Nottingham Schools Trust (NST), which is an alliance of Nottingham schools who have joined forces focusing on improving education for the children of Nottingham.
Following the Good grade awarded by Ofsted earlier this year, there is real excitement around our school. The challenge will be to take our community to the next level and deliver a world-class education for our pupils.
Governors are looking for a leader who is dynamic, caring and passionate about making a difference to the educational and wider lives of the children and young people of Nottingham. We are very proud of our school and are fully committed to ensuring that the school’s next Headteacher is supported in taking the school forward on the next stage of its journey to excellence.
Governors are looking for someone who:
- will be an outstanding leader with proven experience of educating the whole child;
- is creative, enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative in their approach;
- is excited by challenge and will drive the school forward;
- is a strategic thinker and an outstanding practitioner with a clear focus on continuous improvement;
- has the skills to maintain a strong staff team and ensure that leadership structures support the school’s development;
- has a heartfelt commitment to delivering a clear vision for the school, to ensure that our children look back with pride and forward with confidence;
- will lead, inspire and foster excellent relationships with all stakeholders; and
- will further enhance our ethos, vision and values.
The successful candidate will find:
- pupils who are eager to come to school to engage in learning;
- a dedicated, talented and committed staff team;
- an exciting curriculum where the child comes first;
- a supportive governing body with a wide range of experience, who work in close partnership with the whole school community;
- support from the Nottingham Schools Trust; and
- opportunities to further develop professional and leadership skills.
Interested applicants are welcomed to visit our school and see first-hand how we operate. Please contact Andy Jenkins (Headteacher) for an appointment on O115 9152953. You can also contact the Chair of Governors, Ed Williams on O7760241543, for an informal discussion.
Application packs and further details are available from Zoe Rylatt (email address can be found in 'Apply Now' section)
Preferred visit dates: Thursday 12 December 2019 (am) and Friday 13 December (pm)
Closing Date: Monday 6 January 2020
Assessment Dates: 22 and 23 January 2020
Our school procedures for safeguarding children will be in line with The Nottingham Safeguarding Children’s Board Procedures, and “Working Together to Safeguard Children”.