YSGOL UWCHRADD ABERHONDDU/BRECON HIGH SCHOOL
Penlan, Brecon, Powys, LD3 9SR
11 - 18 Comprehensive
478 on roll, 53 in Sixth Form
Required for September 2020 or sooner
Group 4cu ISR 19-25 negotiable for a suitably qualified and experienced candidate
Ysgol Uwchradd Aberhonddu/Brecon High School is a small, dual stream, 11-18 school situated on the outskirts of Brecon. The school serves the families of the town of Brecon and the surrounding communities. The pupils and staff have very recently moved in to a brand new purpose built accommodation adjacent to the leisure centre.
The most recent core inspection took place in November 2018 when inspectors concluded that the school was in need of significant improvement.
The Governors are seeking to appoint an inspirational and innovative professional who:
- has the determination, energy and vision to continue to drive school improvement and secure and sustain better outcomes for pupils;
- has the knowledge, skills and experience to lead professional learning and pedagogy;
- can build upon existing strengths and further develop the potential of pupils and staff;
- is committed to embedding high standards of achievement and behaviour;
- has the personal qualities and attributes that will inspire and motivate pupils, parents and staff;
- has excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Potential applicants are encouraged to visit the school to see for themselves our fantastic new facilities. Tours can be arranged throughout the week beginning the 20th January 2020. To arrange a visit please email Mrs M Coleman, PA to the leadership team.
Powys County Council/Brecon High School share a commitment to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, young people and vunerable adults. The commitment is underpinned by robust processes and procedures that seek to maximise opportunity, minimise risk and continuously promote a culture that embraces the ethos of safeguarding amongst the workforce.
Mae Cyngor Sir Powys/ Ysgol Uwchradd Aberhonddu yn rhannu ymrwymiad i ddiogelu a hyrwyddo lles plant, pobl ifanc ac oedolion diamddiffyn. Mae'r ymrwymiad yn cael ei danategu gan brosesau a gweithdrefnau cadarn sy'n ceisio cynddu cyfle, lleihau peryglon a hyrwyddo diwylliant sy'n cofleidio'r ethos o ddiogelu yn barhaus ymysg gweithlu.