Due to the retirement of our Headteacher in July 2020, the Governors of Croesyceiliog School wish to appoint an exceptional, innovative and inspirational leader from September 2020, who will take the school to the next level, building upon the good practice and record of achievements already in place at the school.
Croesyceiliog School has been through some key changes over the last few months, having recently moved into a state of the art building and implemented faculty based structures to support the Curriculum for Wales 2022. We are committed to giving our students the maximum opportunity to develop their potential and to do so in a caring and supportive environment.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
• Has a track record of success and proven leadership skills, with the strength of character and resilience to move the school to the next and succeeding levels;
• Has a clear focus on advancing effective teaching and learning;
• Has the ability to maintain and develop the partnerships between our school, our parents, our cluster schools, the Local Authority and the wider community, including Coleg Gwent;
• Has a passion to provide the best educational opportunities for all our pupils;
• Inspires and motivates pupils, staff, parents and Governors;
• Has a strong commitment to promote the wellbeing of all members of the school community.
In return we are proud to offer you:
• A state of the art learning facility;
• A happy, supportive and welcoming school with strong links to its communities;
• A school where the success of all pupils matters;
• A school where pupil and staff wellbeing and self-respect is paramount.
• Enthusiastic pupils, committed staff, supportive parents and an experienced and well-informed governing body.
The Governing Body and staff are ambitious for the school and its pupils and wish to appoint a Headteacher with a clear vision for further school improvement in line with the welsh agenda. We are a school where the equality of opportunity for our pupils to succeed matters.
Candidates are advised that if shortlisted they will be required to complete an online psychometric assessment as part of the recruitment process. The test takes approx. 45 minutes to complete and will need to be submitted by the end of the work day on Friday 14th February 2020.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). A comprehensive screening process will be undertaken on all applicants which will include an Enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
‘Torfaen County Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and applicants must be willing to undergo a comprehensive screening process appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.’
Croesyceiliog School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.