Headteacher - The Kings of Wessex Academy
Leadership Scale L25 – L31 (£74102 - £85825)
To Start September 2020
The Wessex Learning Trust is seeking to appoint an outstanding and inspirational Headteacher at The Kings of Wessex Academy. As one of the top-performing 13-18 year schools in the South West, The Kings of Wessex Academy strives to provide a first-class education for all. There are currently 1100 students on our roll, including a popular Sixth Form of 300 students. We are proud of our traditional values, our care for young people, commitment to academic success and the excellent reputation we enjoy within the community. The latest Ofsted inspection judged Kings to be ‘Good’.
The Wessex Learning Trust is committed to appointing a Headteacher who has:
- Excellent leadership, management, communication and personal skills
- Drive and commitment to ensure the Academy continues its recent impressive upward trajectory
- Track record as an outstanding teacher and leader and the ability to lead and inspire colleagues
- Deep knowledge of teaching and learning
- Determination to ensure no student is left behind and all students reach their potential
- Good understanding of all aspects of the curriculum
- Experience and success within a leadership team
- Ability and desire to lead in all academic, pastoral and business matters
- Total commitment to ensure the safeguarding of all students
- A good sense of humour
If you are an existing Headteacher or a member of a successful leadership team with a proven track record of success, a strategic thinker with the skills, ability and passion to support young people to achieve and flourish within a superb Academy, we would be delighted to hear from you. For full details of this position, together with the application process, please visit our website.
Completed application forms and letter of application should be submitted online or by post for the attention of Mrs F Prewett, HR Administrator.
Closing dates for applications Monday 10 February 2020 at 8.00 am
Interviews will be held over two days on Thursday 27 and Friday 28 February 2020
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure Procedure
The Kings of Wessex Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.