Headteacher (from August 2020)
Salary: Group 2 L15-L21; £57,986 - £67,183 *dependent on experience
Number on Roll: currently 182 (aged 4-11)
Our current Headteacher is retiring at the end of the academic year and we are seeking to appoint an inspirational leader, from The Autumn Term 2020, committed to continuing to deliver the highest quality educational provision for all our pupils.
We are a small, local authority maintained, village school with single form entry. We are a truly inclusive school and we are fully committed to both supporting and challenging all pupils to ensure each one achieves their full potential.
At our last inspection (November 2018), we were judged to be outstanding in all areas, with Inspectors recognising our school’s strong leadership, exceptional behaviour and teaching standards, creative curriculum and our desire for all our children to achieve their very best.
- An enthusiastic, dedicated and skilled staff team.
- Well-motivated, happy and confident children.
- A supportive governing body.
- An excellent range of resources and wonderful school buildings set within extensive grounds.
- Our commitment to your professional development.
The person appointed will be able to demonstrate:
- Significant experience of leading a school as a deputy, assistant head or headteacher and an ability to motivate and inspire staff and pupils
- A willingness to work collaboratively with staff and governors to maintain the standards and ethos of the school
- A strong commitment to inclusion and a well-developed understanding of how to deliver this for all pupils, to ensure every child achieves their full potential
- An ability to create a safe, challenging and caring environment which enables our pupils to
develop as enthusiastic, independent and resilient learners
- A deep understanding of, and commitment to, our values and vision
You will build on an existing culture, where pupils and staff are encouraged to be creative, empowered and collaborative both within and beyond the classroom. You will lead by example and be able to inspire our dedicated staff team, pupils, governors, parents and others to ensure that every pupil achieves their best. If that sounds like you, and you wish to lead our successful school, then we would love to hear from you.
Burton on the Wolds Primary School is an equal opportunities employer. The school is committed to
safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including enhanced DBS disclosure check and two suitable references.
Closing date for applications: Midnight, Sunday 9th February 2020
Shortlisting: 12th February 2020
Interviews: 27th-28th February 2020
Candidates who wish to visit the school are very welcome. Please contact the school office
All relevant information is contained in the application pack.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment (the post is subject to an enhanced DBS clearance).