Employer: John Perryn Primary School
Salary: L22 £76,618 – L30 £91,522 (starting salary based on experience)
Contract type: Full time and permanent
Start Date: September 2020 or earlier if possible
John Perryn Primary School is a diverse two-form primary school in East Acton with a supportive community in which everyone is valued as an equal. Our motto is to 'aim high to achieve success in all that we do' because we want our pupils to excel academically, socially and wherever their talents lie, gaining confidence and showing care and consideration for others and for the world they live in.
‘The John Perryn Way’ is the golden thread that runs through the school, binding a very diverse community of children and families together. Its ethos of good manners, excellent behaviour and respect for all has created a calm, purposeful and harmonious environment in which children learn and thrive and where staff enjoy working.
In the words of Jesse Jackson we are inspired by the fact that we and our children “came here on different ships but we’re in the same boat now”, and are proud of our leading role in building collaboration and the Ealing Learning Partnership. We are conscious of our challenges including our ward having the highest child poverty in the Borough but the John Perryn approach is and must be to meet those challenges by giving inspiration to overcome obstacles.
We are looking for an inspirational leader to build on our many strengths and to continue our success securing the best possible outcomes for all our children.
The successful candidate will:
• demonstrate skills of diplomacy and tact to operate within our diverse community
• have a passion for education and making a difference to children’s lives
• have the ability to lead and shape the vision of the School
• have excellent communication skills and the ability to celebrate and promote high quality teaching and learning
• have a positive and optimistic approach; proactive and confident
• be a strong team player and leader, building strong relationships and working effectively with parents and the wider community
• demonstrate a real interest in educational issues and provide an innovative and creative approach as headteacher
We can offer you:
• an able, supportive and highly committed staff who are dedicated to the school’s continuing improvement and development
• a supportive Governing Body who are keen to see the school, children and staff develop and prosper
• confident and skillful children who are eager to learn and well behaved
• a strong relationship with the Ealing Learning Partnership and the opportunity to engage in peer review with fellow local headteachers
Please take a look at the school website for further information about our thriving school.
Visits to the school are welcomed and advised. We have set aside Friday 7th February 2020 and Tuesday 11th February 2020 for visits. To book an appointment please contact Mrs. Cristina Inacio, Administrator / Admissions Officer, on 020 8743-5648. If these dates are not convenient please do call Mrs Inacio to see if an alternative can be arranged.
John Perryn Primary School is committed to safeguarding children and the successful applicant will be required to apply for a disclosure and barring certificate from the DBS.
Closing date: 24th February 2020, 12 Noon
Shortlisting: 28th February 2020
Interview date: 6th March 2020