Start Date: September 2020
Contract type: Full time/Permanent
Type: One form entry
Number on Roll: 194
Ofsted rating: Good (2019)
Salary Pay Range: L15 – L20
The governing body is looking to appoint an exceptional and inspirational Headteacher to lead our parish school; someone who believes that every child should be known, cared for, listened to, challenged and inspired.
The successful candidate will:
- be a practising Catholic committed to supporting the vision, life and ethos of a Catholic primary school;
- have UK qualified teacher status with at least ten years school experience in Primary, including significant, successful experience in a senior leadership role;
- be strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- demonstrate the ability to build strong working relationships with the excellent team of staff, pupils, parents, the parish and the wider community
- be a strategic, imaginative and innovative thinker;
- be able to use data well to evaluate and inform future planning;
- have the confidence, vision and skills to lead the continued improvement of our school; and
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
What the school can offer you:
- well-behaved, happy, enthusiastic and motivated children who are keen to learn;
- professional and dedicated teaching and support staff who are committed to providing high-quality education for all children;
- CPD opportunities
- an exciting opportunity to lead our school as it continues to improve and build on its achievements;
- a supportive and experienced governing body committed to excellence;
- supportive parents and an active PTFA;
- a close working partnership with parents, parish and wider community.
St Osmund’s was established in 1968 and is situated in the heart of Barnes in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames in the Archdiocese of Southwark. Pupils are drawn largely from the local area.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and warmly welcomed. If you think this exciting opportunity is for you, the Governors look forward to meeting you and receiving your application.
Closing date for applications: Friday 28th February 2020
Invitations for interview will be sent on: Thursday 5th March 2020
Interviews will be held on: Friday 13th March 2020
St Osmund’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants will undergo appropriate child protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.