Job Title: Headteacher
School: Thythorn Field Primary School
Hours: Full Time
Salary: L15 - L21 (£57,986 - £67,183) *dependent upon experience
Size: 200 pupils
Start Date: 24th August 2020
Contract Term: Permanent
Our current Headteacher is retiring at the end of the year and we are seeking to appoint an inspirational leader from the Autumn term 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter), committed to continuing to deliver the highest quality of educational provision for all of our pupils. We are a small, local authority maintained, city fringe school, with single form entry.
We are truly inclusive and are fully committed to both supporting and challenging all pupils, to ensure every child achieves their full potential. At our last inspection in September 2019 (conducted within the new Inspection Framework), we were judged to be ‘Good’ with some additional recommendations. Inspectors recognised that pupils enjoy school and want to do well, staff care about pupils and leaders encourage pupils to be resilient and independent.
- An enthusiastic, dedicated and skilled staff team
- Well-motivated, happy and confident children
- A supportive governing body
- Well-resourced school within a pleasant setting
- Our commitment to your professional development
The person appointed will be able to demonstrate:
- Significant experience of leading a school as a Deputy, Assistant Head or Headteacher and an ability to motivate and inspire staff and pupils
- A willingness to work collaboratively with staff and governors, to maintain and develop the standards and ethos of the school
- A strong commitment to inclusion and a well-developed understanding of how to deliver this for all pupils to ensure every child achieves their full potential
- An ability to create a safe, challenging and caring environment which enables our pupils to develop as enthusiastic, independent and resilient learners
- A deep understanding of and commitment to our values and vision
You will build on existing good practice where pupils and staff are encouraged to be creative, empowered and collaborative both within and beyond the classroom. You will lead by example and be able to inspire our dedicated staff team, pupils, governors, parents and others to ensure that every pupil achieves their best. If that sounds like you and you wish to lead our successful school, we would love to hear from you.
Thythorn Field Primary School is an equal opportunities employer. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting. As this job is designated as a ‘regulated activity’ an enhanced DBS check with barred list check is essential. Two references will be sought prior to interview.
Closing date for applications: 16th March 2020, 4pm
Shortlisting: 19th March 2020
Interviews: 31st March - 1st April 2020
Applicants are encouraged to visit the school prior to making an application. Please contact the school office on O116 2889040 and speak to Mrs Dean (Clerk to Governors) to arrange a mutually convenient time to visit.
Thythorn Field Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.