Start: Aug 26, 2020
Salary range: £65,000 - £67,000 (The appointing panel may consider exceeding this maximum to ensure the appointment of an exceptional candidate.)
Hazel Community Primary School are seeking to appoint a professional, highly skilled and inspirational leader from the Autumn term 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter), committed to delivering the highest quality of educational provision for all of our pupils. We are a local authority maintained, city school, with dual form entry.
You will be an enthusiastic, committed and driven leader with excellent communication skills and the ability to continue to raise standards and achievement in this happy, truly inclusive school where we are fully committed to both supporting and challenging all pupils, to ensure every child achieves to their full potential.
Visits to the school are welcomed during the weeks beginning February 24th and March 2nd and may be arranged by contacting the Chair of Governors, Ms Lynda Callaghan, via the school office.
• An enthusiastic, dedicated staff team
• Motivated, happy and confident children
• A supportive governing body
• Our commitment to your professional development
The person appointed will be able to demonstrate:
• Significant experience of leading a school as a Headteacher and an ability to motivate and inspire staff and pupils
• A willingness to work collaboratively with staff and governors, to maintain and develop the standards and ethos of the school
• A strong commitment to inclusion and a well-developed understanding of how to deliver this for all pupils to ensure every child achieves their full potential
• An ability to create a safe, challenging and caring environment which enables our pupils to develop as enthusiastic, independent and resilient learners
• A deep understanding of and commitment to our values and vision
What we are looking for is that outstanding individual who sees us: who gets us. They will want to be our cheerleader, our flag bearer, our beating heart. Who wouldn’t want to be that person?
Hazel Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children. The post is subject to Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service checks. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, which include a declaration that they are not a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) and Childcare (Early Years Provision Free of Charge) (Extended Entitlement) (Amendment) Regulations 2018, as well as other necessary checks.
Hazel Community Primary School is an equal opportunities employer.
Closing date: Midday, March 9, 2020.
Shortlisting: March 17, 2020
Interviews: April 27 / 28, 2020
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.