We are seeking an inspirational and creative leader who will continue the improvement journey with staff, parents and governors to give the children at Five Lanes the best quality education it can, using established strengths and making changes in a collaborative manner with our passionate school team. We want our new Headteacher to take on the challenge of the governors' ambition to build on our current 'good' judgement from Ofsted whilst maintaining the ethos and culture of the school.
Our children and school community are looking for someone who will be:
• An experienced, creative and innovative leader who puts children and the community at the centre of their vision
• Passionate about primary education and who has high expectations of children’s achievements and behaviour
• An excellent communicator who is self-motivated to create and maintain excellence in teaching with high expectations for all pupils and staff
• Able to develop the leadership skills of others and create strong and effective working relationships with staff, governors, and other partnerships
• Committed to working with the community, including parents and carers, to achieve the best for all pupils
In return we offer:
• A dedicated, hardworking and caring staff team and a committed governing body
• Happy, motivated and creative children who enjoy learning in a safe and positive environment
• Supportive and caring parents and community
• A supportive Local Authority Learning Improvement advisors and consultants and other services. Strong partnerships with other schools, such as Learning Alliances, Cluster inclusion teams and local Family of Schools' Headteacher meetings
Candidates are warmly invited to visit school to personally experience our work and ethos. To arrange a visit please contact m. parker @fivelanesprimary. co. uk. Planned visit dates are 3rd March in the afternoon and 4th March in the morning.
To request an application pack, please email Emily Harker at: educ. headteacher @leeds. gov .uk
Assessment Centre: 23rd and 24th March 2020
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
Five Lanes Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.