Salary: L8 - L14 (£48,806 to
Job Start: 24th August 2020
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: Permanent
We are seeking a Headteacher to lead our small and forward
thinking school. Stathern Primary is an outstanding, Leicestershire County Council maintained school of approximately 96 pupils. The Governors, staff and children are seeking to appoint an inspirational and innovative Headteacher who shares our newly created vision of:
‘Preparing children for the future through an inspirational curriculum that
makes a difference to the world; outstanding character development; exceptional health and well being’
As our Head you will be part of a whole school community: committed and
talented staff, happy and eager to learn children, supportive and positive parents and a governing body with a wide range of experience, who work in close partnership with the school.
As our Headteacher, you need to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of collaborative leadership and outstanding classroom practice
- Leadership skills that will inspire and motivate a strong staff team and excellent team of children
- A willingness to embrace challenge and commitment to drive the school forward
- Fantastic communication skills and high aspirations for yourself and each member of the school community
- Skills and the ability to continue to evolve our innovative curriculum
- A strategic vision, a clear and focused drive for continuous school improvement
In return we can offer you:
- Leadership of an outstanding school with a great reputation
- A dedicated, talented and highly motivated team
- Positive relationships with our pupils, parents and Governors
- Pupils who love coming to school and engage in a love of learning
- A commitment to embedding a relevant, engaging, forward thinking and evolving curriculum
- Support for your ongoing professional development
We would welcome and encourage potential applicants to visit the school
informally. Please contact Linzi Shaw or Mary Swain in the school office to arrange an appointment O1949 860316.
Please complete the attached application form and send it along with a
covering letter to the school office email address (via the 'Apply Now' button below) by noon on 23rd March, 2020.
Closing date: 12:00, 20th April 2020
Please note: Due to COVID-19, school will be closed from 23rd March until further notice other than for children of Key Workers and Vulnerable Children. Therefore, we are unable to facilitate visits at this present time. However, you are encouraged to contact the school to discuss the role in more detail, as well as the opportunities we offer to our staff on O1949 860316. We are awaiting further guidance on when we will be able to interview.
Stathern Primary School, Water Lane, Stathern, Leicestershire LE14 4HT
We are committed to child protection and safe recruitment and a DBS check will be required. We will ensure all appropriate applications are considered on an equal basis and two references will be taken up prior to appointment.