The Diocese of Northampton in partnership with Slough Local Authority
HEADTEACHER (Our Lady of Peace Catholic Primary School)
Salary range: Fringe L19 – L23
Full time and permanent
Required from September 2020
‘With Christ in our Hearts, together we grow’
The Governing Body of Our Lady of Peace Catholic Primary and Nursery School in Slough, is seeking to appoint a committed practicing Catholic with a strong personal faith, and a clear vision of the distinctive role of the Catholic Education as Headteacher.
Our Lady of Peace Catholic Primary and Nursery School is a thriving, primary school on the border of Slough/Burnham. We are a vibrant and successful Catholic school where our values, beliefs and practice permeate every aspect of school life, so if you are a passionate, outstanding teacher and leader, our school would love to hear from you.
We will offer you:
- A warm and welcoming, supportive whole school community that has a strong Catholic ethos
- The opportunity to apply your educational expertise and strategic insight to advance curriculum development, delivery and enrichment.
- A school where our pupils’ behaviour and attitude to learning is exemplary and achievement is celebrated
- A dedicated staff team that is passionate about unlocking the potential and talents in every pupil
- A professional and dedicated governing board, focused on creating an environment where all are challenged to achieve, and personal development is encouraged.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a committed and practising Catholic, with a strong understanding of Catholic education and be able to communicate a strong vision
- Have a proven track record in championing inclusivity and equal opportunity for all
- Be a strategic thinker, ambitious for all, with an empowering leadership style that values and promotes a healthy work-life balance
- Provide innovative educational leadership and be able to motivate and inspire others
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to assess situations proactively in order to initiate and implement change and evaluate its impact, ensuring the children are at the heart of all that the school does.
Prospective candidates are invited to contact the Chair of Governors, Mrs Anne Bishop, to discuss the post.
Applications should be addressed to the Clerk to Governors:
Closing date for applications: 3:30 p.m. on Friday 17th April 2020
Shortlisting: 21st April 2020
Interviews: W/B 27th April 2020.
Please note that due to current government guidance these interviews will be held virtually. We will strive to ensure that we can work with you to overcome any barriers this may pose. This will of course be kept under review.
Please note that we do not accept CVs.
Our Lady of Peace Catholic Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.