Start date: 1st January 2021
Hours: Full time
Salary: £53,856 to £62,426 per annum – salary within this pay range only, to be agreed at interview
Due to the retirement of our current Headteacher, the Governors are looking to appoint a leader who is aspirational for our school and can continue the progress achieved to date and realise the school’s goal of providing the highest quality education for all pupils.
Little Stoke Primary School is located 8 miles north of Bristol, within easy reach of M4/M5, Bristol, Bath and South Wales.
Comments from our latest Ofsted inspection (May 2018) when the school was judged as Good:
• The leadership team has maintained the good quality of education in the school since the last inspection
• Since the previous inspection, the school has further developed the design of the curriculum so that pupils extend their literacy and mathematical skills across other subjects
• The learning environment demonstrates the high expectations the school has and the enriched curriculum on offer
• Governors are well informed about the school’s performance and carry out their monitoring responsibilities diligently.
• The work to safeguard and promote the welfare of pupils is a strength of the school.
• Parents said ‘The support and care given to pupils is excellent.’
• Pupils said that they felt safe and secure in school.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
• Is an innovative leader with the enthusiasm and strategic vision to inspire the whole school community and help the children meet the challenges they face.
• Will nurture and develop staff at all levels and lead by example.
• Is passionate about education and committed to making a difference to our children, putting them at the centre of every decision they make.
• Promotes effective teaching and learning, innovation and drives development.
• Is an excellent communicator who can build inspirational relationships with our pupils, parents, teachers and governors.
• Is a warm, confident ‘people’ person who will continue to promote our inclusive and welcoming ethos for all children whatever their individual needs.
• Understands the importance of quality assurance and the need for evidence based school self-evaluation.
• Is committed to excellent safeguarding procedures putting the safety of all children first.
• Understands the requirements of children with special education needs and can work effectively with their parents and carers.
In return we can offer:
• A forward thinking popular school with extensive grounds for sports and forest school activities. (see what the latest OFSTED report says)
• The achievable goal of leading our school to becoming a centre of educational excellence.
• Well-behaved and happy children, with a strong enthusiasm for learning.
• A school with an inclusive and positive environment.
• A Supportive parent community.
• The support of an excellent and dedicated Senior Leadership Team and a vibrant and experienced staff team firmly committed to strive for excellence improvement.
• A proactive and empowering Governing Board who understand the importance of work/life balance.
• The opportunity to work with a very collaborative group of local schools.
If you are an exceptional leader, with the drive and ambition to build on our existing achievements and take our school forward, we would look forward to hearing from you.
Little Stoke Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS check.
The closing date for applications is 21st August 2020.
Shortlisting will take place on 3rd September 2020.
Interviews and assessments will take place on Tuesday 22nd and Wednesday 23rd September 2020.
Little Stoke Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.