Christ the King Catholic Primary School
Everest Avenue, Llanishen, Cardiff CF14 5AS
Required from January 2021
Post Reference : ED50051135
Group 2 ISR: L13-19 Salary £55,202 - £63,975 per annum
No of Pupils on Roll: 230 [Age: 3 – 11]
On behalf of our children, the Governing Body of Christ the King Primary School is seeking to appoint an inspirational leader to further the achievements of this happy, caring school.
Christ the King is a welcoming and caring school with a strong Catholic ethos. It is a place where children are developed in body, mind and spirit in our innovative indoor and great outdoor learning environments. Throughout the school experienced and supportive teaching staff provide exciting and meaningful learning experiences and staff members have the highest expectations of themselves and of each child from Nursery to Year 6. Please look at our website for much more information about us.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact Mrs Redmond, Clerk to the Governing Body to make an appointment by email
This is an exciting opportunity for a practising Catholic headteacher to build on the significant improvements over the last few years and maintain that momentum through transition to the new curriculum. We are looking for a leader who can communicate a clear vision to staff, children, parents and governors with the integrity to act as a role model to staff and students.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
• Is a committed, practising Catholic, who will cherish and support the Catholic ethos of our school and maintain strong links with our parishes.
• Is a current headteacher or deputy headteacher with proven leadership skills who can articulate a vision to promote and inspire the highest standards of teaching, learning and behaviour.
• Has the vision and drive to promote and inspire the highest standards of teaching, learning and behaviour, based on pedagogical research and evidence-based practice.
• Will inspire and motivate our staff and children whilst making them feel valued and supported.
• Is an effective communicator who leads by example.
• Is a strategic thinker, with the vision to achieve excellence, and has the ability to both identify and sustain areas for improvement.
• Is fully aware of the new Curriculum in Wales, developments in Welsh education and with a clear vision of Catholic Education.
• Will continue to promote a strong sense of engagement with children, parents, Parish and the wider community.
• Has high expectations and aspirations and will promote and celebrate the achievements of all our children.
Our children are looking for a headteacher who:
• Is patient, kind and active
• Supports outdoor learning
• Plans fun educational experiences
• Will continue to strengthen our School Parliament
• Celebrates the Catholic traditions of the school
• Helps children to realise their potential
• Gets things done
• Celebrates Welsh culture and the Welsh language
• Supports extra-curricular activities including sport.
In return we can offer you:
• A warm and welcoming school community
• Happy, enthusiastic and caring children
• A dedicated team of staff who are committed to supporting and developing the school
• An effective, supportive and active Governing Body willing to support your personal development
• A Forest School that embraces outdoor learning in our beautiful grounds
• A close working relationship with parents, the PFA, Parish and cluster schools
• A UN Gold Rights Respecting School where all outcomes were confirmed as achieved for the RRSA scheme in December 2019.
Closing date: 5pm, 27thJune 2020
Shortlisting: Wednesday 1stJuly 2020
An informal discussion about the post can be arranged by contacting the Chair of Governors, Priya Parsons, by email
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button. Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post. Please email your completed application to Hilary Brown by email
The successful candidate will be expected to sign the Catholic Education Service Contract of Employment.
Christ The King Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and satisfactory references, which will be taken up for all shortlisted candidates prior to interview.