Watermore Primary School
Head Teacher required for 1st January 2021
Pay Range: L17- L24
Number on Roll: 420
OFSTED Rated: Outstanding
Our much valued Head Teacher is retiring in December 2020 after ten years of dedicated service. The Governors are seeking to appoint a creative, engaging and inspirational leader with ambition to build on the existing educational excellence, whilst also guiding the school’s ethos and vision.
We have recently moved from a split site into a new, purpose-built two-form entry building, whose full potential is still to be fully realised. This role provides the opportunity to make a significant, lasting impact on the organisation and operation of the school.
You will lead a very hard-working and passionate team of teaching staff, supported by a strong, active Governing Body and engaged, supportive parents and families.
The successful candidate will:
• Focus on providing the very best life chances for all learners
• Value and take pride in all pupil achievements
• Maximise the potential of our new building for learning
• Grow and develop the staff team with leaders at every level
• Be instrumental in driving the development of a new, rich curriculum
• Believe in, and have experience of, creating fully inclusive and supportive environments
• Collaborate as an effective and committed member of the Frome Valley Alliance partnership of schools
• Continue to secure the social and emotional development of all learners
• Forge strong, new relationships with the wider community
• Be approachable and further embed strong links with the parental body
• Be committed to excellent safeguarding procedures
• Implement COVID-19 measures and with local schools further develop the 'Recovery Curriculum' programme.
In return we will offer you:
• An excellent team of dedicated and highly motivated educational practitioners
• A talented SLT who are keen to support the new Headteacher
• Children eager to learn and with a pride in their nurturing, fully-inclusive school
• A new, well-resourced, state of the art learning environment
• A pro-active and highly effective Governing Body
• A very active and hard-working PTFA
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children in our care and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This is embedded in all our recruitment and selection practices. All appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting including enhanced DBS disclosure checks along with relevant employment checks
Governors recognise the importance of visiting the school, but during this period of national uncertainty, while external visitors are restricted there are opportunities for a virtual conversation with the current Head Teacher and Deputy Head Teacher. To organise a visit or video link to talk about the role in more detail please contact the school.
To ensure this appointment is completed successfully, there may be the need for part of the interview process to be via video link.
A copy of the application pack can be on the Watermore school website, in the Latest News section at the bottom of the front page. Please follow how to apply instructions to obtain an application form.
Closing date: 27th August
Interviews: 24th & 25th September
Watermore Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.