Upton Snodsbury CofE (VC) First School are seeking to appoint a Headteacher.
Start Date: January 2021
Salary: ISR L6-L18
Contract: Full Time and Permanent
NQTs Considered: No
Following 10 successful years our current headteacher has chosen to take on new challenges within education, therefore the Governors wish to appoint a successor who has the ability to embrace the strengths of the past and raise standards in the future. Are you the person for the job?
WE NEED SOMEONE SPECIAL WHO:
• is a strategic leader with a clear vision for future progress
• is self-motivated and enthusiastic
• can maximise the potential of all pupils and staff, setting high expectations for all
• has excellent management, communication and interpersonal skills
• is committed to develop the inclusive ethos of the school, educating the whole children through an enriched, diverse curriculum
• is committed to valuing cultural diversity
WE CAN OFFER YOU A SCHOOL WITH:
• a pleasant rural setting with well-equipped grounds for outdoor learning
• delightful, friendly and motivated pupils who have a real pride in their school and their own achievements
• highly professional and enthusiastic staff who are dedicated to shared vision
• active and supportive parents, and a dedicated governing body who are committed to working with the headteacher to continue the strategic development of the school
Upton Snodsbury CofE First School is a voluntary controlled school set in a rural location with over 60 children on roll (Pupil Admission Number is 14) and an Outstanding Ofsted rating (January 2016). This vacancy is a great opportunity for a suitably qualified person looking for a Headteacher's role which is focal to the local community and provides the challenge to really lead and shape the future of the school.
Please view our website for more information about the school, its achievements and the curriculum.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced DBS clearance.
We actively encourage visits to our school to see just how special our children are and to meet our team, however, due to COVID restrictions we are only able to offer limited visits at this time. Tours will be in line with current government guidance, but we will do all we can to give you a flavour of our school and the opportunity to ask questions. Please arrange directly with the school office.
Closing date: 12 noon, 9th September 2020
Shortlisting: Thursday 10th & Friday 11th September - If you are shortlisted you will be contacted by telephone
Interviews: w/c 13th September 2020
It is essential that applicants use the Worcestershire agreed application form. We cannot accept CVs.
Upton Snodsbury C E First is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.