Are you ready to make a real difference to the community?
We are looking for an inspirational leader who will nurture the children and lead the staff to excel. We are keen to appoint a Head Teacher who will ensure that English Martyrs’ School will continue to provide a broad curriculum, rooted in Gospel values.
As a practicing Catholic, your drive and vision will help us to continue to maximise the development and achievements of all our children, as well as contributing to our local communities. You will be warmly welcomed by our enthusiastic children who are proud of their school and their achievements, our committed and motivated staff, engaged parents and a supportive Governing Body.
English Martyrs’ Catholic Primary School is an inner city school in Walworth, South East London in the Archdiocese of Southwark, with good transport links across the capital. We are a two-form entry primary school of just under 400 children and 58 staff, serving a socially and ethnically diverse inner city population.
WHY CONSIDER English Martyrs' Catholic Primary School
English Martyrs' Catholic Primary School was Ofsted ‘good-rated" in March 2020 and "good" in our Section 48 inspection in November 2019. You will have the opportunity to lead dedicated hardworking teachers and staff, to observe and share practice on a regular basis, developing pedagogy through reflection. We pride ourselves on excellent pupil behavior and strong ethos of inclusion and diversity.
The Governing Body is looking for a Head Teacher who:
• Is a committed practicing Catholic, with a distinct vision of Catholic Education in the 21st Century, who will cherish and support the Catholic ethos of our school.
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to lead, motivate and inspire all of our children and colleagues.
• Will continue to raise aspirations, standards and achievements for all our children.
• To secure high quality teaching and learning and work towards an outstanding judgement at the next full Ofsted inspection.
• Has proven leadership skills and is a strategic thinker, with a vision to introduce new ideas along with the ability to identify and sustain long term improvement.
• Is committed to the further development of the partnership with the Parish, Parents, and the wider community.
• Who can respond to the changing demography of the local area.
WHAT WE OFFER
• A welcoming environment where the children are positive, enthusiastic and enjoy learning, as well as cheerful and well behaved.
• A supportive Governing Body
• Professional, hardworking and motivated staff committed to developing and raising standards.
• A close working relationship with parents, the Parish and partner schools.
• An exciting opportunity to make a real difference.
We welcome your interest. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by contacting the school. For more information on this please click the Apply Now button.
English Martyrs’ is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to pre-employment checks, references will be sought and the successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.