RHONDDA CYNON TAF COUNCIL
Penrhiwceibr Primary School
Church Street, Penrhiwceibr, Mountain Ash CF45 3TR
Salary: Salary: L12 – L18 (£53,856 - £62,426)
Start Date: 1 January 2021
The Governing Body of Penrhiwceibr Primary School are seeking to appoint an inspirational and progressive Headteacher to help the Governing Body move the School forward.
We are proud of the nurturing, welcoming and friendly environment we have created and as we grow, we are keen to retain our sense of community. Staff within our School demonstrate a passion and commitment, through strong teamwork, that results in good results and a positive and enjoyable experience for our pupils.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:-
• Is dedicated to excellence in education;
• a strategic thinker with a clear vision for continued success who will work closely and effectively with the school’s governing body;
• a professional with proven leadership, management and interpersonal skills;
• a leader who inspires, motivates and empowers others;
• someone with high standards and expectations – ensuring every child receives the best education;
• is an excellent communicator who will inspire children, parents and staff alike;
• is committed to further developing and building on existing partnerships with our families and the wider community;
• has a strong commitment to working in partnership with staff, governors, parents and the wider community.
We can offer:-
• A highly professional, talented, innovative and happy teaching and support team who are committed to progression and change in order to further the development of the school
• A supportive, committed and engaged Governing Body who are dedicated to working in partnership to achieve the best for all our children
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to take our school to the next stage in its development.
The closing date for this post is Friday 2nd October 2020 at 12:00 noon
PROTECTING CHILDREN AND VULNERABLE ADULTS IS A CORE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SCHOOL AND COUNCIL. IN ADDITION TO THIS SAFEGUARDING RESPONSIBILITY, THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT FOR THE ROLE WILL ALSO BE SUBJECT TO AN ENHANCED DISCLOSURE AND BARRING SERVICE CHECK.
The Council and School values diversity in its workforce. We are committed to ensuring that no unlawful discrimination occurs in the recruitment and selection process on the grounds of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, transgender, including those with non-binary identities, religion or belief or pregnancy and maternity. We offer a number of staff networks for employees including the Allies Network, a Disability and Carers Network and Perthyn our LGBTQ+ Network.
An application submitted for this post in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application made in English.
In view of the large number of Application Forms which are currently being submitted individual applications are not acknowledged. Consequently, if you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application is unsuccessful on this occasion. In which case you are thanked for the interest you have shown in applying for a position within the Council.
Penrhiwceibr Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.