(with teaching commitment)
Required for 1st January 2021 or as soon as possible
Group 1 ISR: 6-12 Roll: 58
The Governing Body wishes to appoint an inspirational and enthusiastic Headteacher from Spring Term 2021. Caersws is a successful, modern village school in a pleasant rural setting between Newtown and Llanidloes with excellent transport links.
We have dedicated staff and a Governing Body who, together with parents, are committed to maintaining the ‘family’ ethos of the school.
• happy, polite, enthusiastic children who enjoy learning, are confident and show high levels of care and concern for each other and their every achievement is valued;
• talented, motivated and friendly teaching and support staff;
• positive relationships with parents and Governing Body;
• a school that promotes a strong sense of community and family values in a secure and happy environment.
We are looking for someone who has
• shown effective leadership and management;
• strong leadership skills to motivate, inspire and develop an excellent team;
• outstanding classroom skills;
• the vision and commitment to further develop our school and raise standards for all pupils;
• a commitment to high quality teaching and learning for all children and leading through example;
• a commitment to nurturing personal and social skills which are a particular strength of the school;
• the vision to maintain and enhance strong links with the wider community.
Informal visits to the school are recommended held outside school hours with all safeguarding processes in place. Please contact the school to make an appointment.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check.
Closing date: Thursday 15th October 2020
Interviews: Thursday 5th November 2020
Caersws C.P. School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.