Due to the retirement of our highly respected Headteacher, the Governors wish to appoint a new leader from the Summer Term 2021 possibly earlier by negotiation
The Governors of Sherwood Park School are seeking to appoint an exceptional and committed Head Teacher with resilience, vision and inspiration to continue our journey of improvement. We are very proud of our "Good" Ofsted rating in November 2018, and have high aspirations and expectations for further and improved outcomes for our pupils.
Sherwood Park School is unique in that it is an all age (3-19) Foundation Special School for pupils with Severe /Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties and /or disabilities (SLD/PMLD), as well as pupils who are on the Autistic spectrum (ASD) with complex needs. It is on two site, the Sherwood Park and Sherwood Hill campuses to meet the highly individualised needs of each of the learners, who attend predominantly from the London Borough of Sutton.
Our curriculum ensures that our pupils, who come from a wide range of backgrounds, have exceptional opportunities to excel and access exciting opportunities in school, and beyond school, to develop their physical, social and emotional well-being.
Our new Head Teacher will:
• Be approachable, reflective, forward thinking, have high expectations and the ability to ensure positive outcomes for all our pupils.
• Create a culture of continuous improvement through inspirational leadership, being committed to the highest achievement in all areas of Sherwood Park School.
• Be a strong leader and manager who further inspires all members of the school community to flourish in their roles.
• Demonstrate a commitment to high quality special educational provision by working with the Leadership Team, staff, pupils, parents, and governors to continuously improve curriculum, teaching and learning and strengthening the two Campuses.
• Demonstrate a thorough and deep understanding of the needs of learners with SLD/PMLD/ASD /Complex needs.
• Lead by example to foster an open, transparent and equitable culture and promote the right, needs and aspirations of all pupils with SEND and their families.
• Have the ability to develop strong relationships with parents, governors, external agencies and the community.
• Identify opportunities, and contribute in the future planning of SEND provision in the Local Authority.
Our school has:
• Dedicated, highly skilled, caring and friendly staff, committed to continuous improvement.
• Excellent facilities to promote careers and work beyond school.
• A knowledgeable and committed Governing Body who provide support and constructive challenge.
• Pupils who enjoy coming to school and parents who value what the school offers.
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement
Sherwood Park School is committed to equal opportunities, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are made subject to receipt of a completed application, satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS check
Due to the current Covid-19 measures we are only able to offer a restricted tour of the school campuses. However, information regarding our outstanding facilities can be found on our website.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Simon Vines
The closing date for applications: 9th November 2020
Shortlisting date: 13th November 2020
Interviews date: 30th November 2020 (format to be confirmed subject to Covid-19 Regulations)
Sherwood Park School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced Level Disclosure.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.