St. Mary’s Catholic Primary School, Newtown, Powys
ISR L8 - 14 Number on Roll: 63
For Commencement: Summer Term 2021
Estyn March 2017:
‘The behaviour of nearly all pupils around the school is exemplary.
Pupils’ attitudes to learning are a strong feature’
The Governing Body is seeking to appoint a successor, a practising Catholic, to further improve our school.
St Mary’s is a very happy and successful school in Mid-Wales near to the English border. Our school is proud of all its pupils, of the high standards they reach, of the kindness they show to each other and their excellent behaviour. We seek an experienced practitioner with vision, enthusiasm and belief in all that is possible.
The governors are seeking an experienced educational practitioner to join us at the beginning of the Summer Term 2021 who will:
• Possess NPQH;
• Be a regularly practising Catholic whose faith informs their understanding of education and senior leadership within the Catholic and Welsh context;
• Inspire, motivate and mentor staff, to share in developing the best teaching and learning;
• Enable all our children to discover their true selves and become the best they can be;
• Maintain the school’s positive partnership with parents, parishes and wider community.
In return St. Mary’s will provide:
• An exciting opportunity to lead a good, inclusive school, with a strong Catholic ethos and where children are eager to learn;
• Enthusiastic and dedicated staff who are committed to the success of our school;
• Supportive Governors working in partnership to achieve school improvement goals;
• Engaged and supportive parents and a welcoming parish community.
Informal visits to the school are encouraged, held outside school hours with all safeguarding processes in place. Please contact the school to arrange.
St Mary's R.C. (A) School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.