Our Headteacher is retiring from our high-performing, three-form entry Church of England junior school at the end of the spring term.
In the last six years, our school has expanded rapidly in size and reputation, and we are known for our high standards, our values, and our commitment to being a force for good in the community. The school has a superb site, with the potential for further development, and already has a bio-dome and a nurture bus on its two sports fields, alongside its multi-use games area and large playground.
Our children are polite and well-mannered, focused on their enjoyment of learning and their love of their friends and school; the whole school community speaks the language of our values.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Deputy Head or for a Headteacher, looking for an exciting challenge in taking the school forward into its next phase of development.
The successful candidate will:
• Have high expectations of pupil achievement and behaviour
• Be a leader who can demonstrate having accelerated pupil progress across their school
• Be highly motivated and committed to working in partnership with staff and governors in taking the school forward
• Be able to identify strongly with the ethos of the school and our core values to promote the wellbeing of the whole school community
• Demonstrate their commitment to engaging fully with parents/carers and the community.
We can offer:
• Pupils enthusiastic to learn
• Polite and well-mannered pupils who love and care for each other
• A highly dedicated and engaged staff
• Well-developed systems and programmes to support all levels of ability
• A supportive governing body and Diocese
The closing date for applications will be Friday November 13th. Shortlisting will take place in the week beginning November 16th, when successful applicants will be called for interview. Interviews are expected to take place between November 25 and 27th.
The pay range is in Group Four of the Leadership Scale - £58,135 - £79,167. The successful candidate will be awarded a salary commensurate with their leadership experience.
The new headteacher will start at the beginning of the Summer Term 2021 – 19th April 2021.
This is a fantastic opportunity in a wonderful school, and we will look forward to welcoming you.
Shinfield St. Mary's Church of England is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.