For September 2021
Full time, permanent
Grade 7 LDR 64-76 (£91,505 - £105,965)
Robert May’s School is a mixed, comprehensive secondary academy for students aged 11-16 founded over 300 years ago. Located in a rural setting with a catchment from towns and villages in the Hart district of North Hampshire, the school provides a tremendous opportunity for a strong leader with a track record of raising student attainment and developing staff to take the school on the next stage of its journey. The academy has grown following a recently opened extension and will have 1,350 students on roll within a couple of years, with a healthy waiting list in each year.
The Trust Board is now seeking an experienced and effective leader with an ability to inspire and drive the strategic development of the school through an innovative and dynamic approach. Enthusiastic, dedicated and passionate, you will help us realise the full potential in all our students. You will have a strong grasp of financial and governance frameworks and have the experience to lead in a single academy trust.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• A career story that showcases ambition and can point to a commitment to drive excellence in teaching and learning in order to raise standards and secure successful outcomes for all students
• A track record of developing trusting and supportive working relationships with staff that fosters their confidence and inspires and challenges them to further achievement
• The delivery of change programmes in response to the challenge of an ever-evolving educational landscape
• Evidence of strategic interventions that demonstrate leadership, vision and credibility, indicating inspirational leadership that extends across the whole school community
• The ability to develop and sustain an inclusive ethos within the school community
• Fostering relationships with key stakeholders across the education community through engaging communication with students, teachers, parents, trustees, local community, other schools and educational bodies to further the school’s aims and achievements.
In return, we can offer you:
• Highly motivated, well-behaved and respectful students, supported by a hardworking, highly skilled and knowledgeable staff team
• A cohesive school community with strong relationships between students and staff
• Commitment to and opportunity for your continuing professional development
• A supportive and dedicated Trust Board
• An exciting opportunity to play a leading role in the school’s future development
• A competitive remuneration package that includes membership of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
We believe we have a unique school that delivers good education in a sought after location supported by a committed whole school team of teachers, support staff, leaders and trustees. This is a wonderful opportunity for the right individual to add to the success story at Robert May’s School. Our aim is to build on existing traditions of excellence and deliver a first-class educational experience for all.
We warmly invite you to visit the school and there will be opportunities to visit during the week commencing 9th November 2020.
Please contact Lisa Shackleton, HR Officer on (0)1256 702700 to arrange a visit.
If you would like to discuss the role, please also contact Lisa Shackleton as above.
Below you will find the key dates for our recruitment process:
• Visiting opportunities for interested applicants: week of 9th November
• Closing date for applications: Friday 20th November
• Shortlisted candidates will be notified by midday on Wednesday 25th November
• Interviews will be held on Tuesday 8th and Wednesday 9th December
If you believe you have what it takes to lead Robert May’s forward on the next phase of our journey then we look forward to hearing from you.
Robert May’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check along with other relevant pre-employment checks.
Robert Mays School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.