Due to the retirement of our highly respected Headteacher, the opportunity has arisen for a dynamic, conscientious, innovative professional to lead our unique school, which is part of the Attenborough Learning Trust. Green Lane is a wonderful, multicultural infant school that sits at the heart of the local community. It is a lively, happy, inner city school, with a warm caring environment, and exciting, child-centred grounds.
We are looking for a Headteacher who can inspire our children, staff and families to excellence. In short we want our children to be the very best they can be, giving them roots to grow their learning and social skills, and wings to encourage independence, confidence and resilience. At Green Lane we are proud of our children; they are enthusiastic, kind, hardworking and their behaviour is excellent.
The Governing Board is seeking to appoint someone who:-
- Is approachable, enthusiastic, strongly motivated and has outstanding leadership experience.
- Has the ambition and drive to achieve excellence for all pupils.
- Has an excellent understanding of teaching and learning.
- Has a clear educational philosophy which aligns with the approach and ethos of the school, and the Academy trust
- Has high expectations and aspirations that will inspire the children, staff and governors.
- Is fully committed and will continue to raise standards and drive school improvement.
- Is capable of leading, supporting and managing highly qualified staff and a well-established SLT
- Has personal and professional integrity with the resilience to meet the day to day challenges of headship.
In return, we can offer:
- A happy working environment, with enthusiastic children who are eager to learn.
- A highly committed, dedicated staff.
- A supportive leadership team.
- Support from a committed team of governors and wider trust network.
- Support for your continuing professional development.
- Excellent opportunities for collaborative working, both from within the trust and our wider local and regional networks.
"Ofsted" 2016 - “The school provides a welcoming and highly inclusive school environment where everyone’s contribution is valued.”
We strongly encourage prospective candidates to visit the school. Please contact Mrs Fatima Ismail at the school to arrange. Completed application forms should be retuned to Tom Bott on the email address on the form.
Green Lane Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.