HEADTEACHER - EVINGTON VALLEY PRIMARY SCHOOL
Leadership spine: L15 - 21 (£59,581- £68,346)
Start date: 23rd August 2021
Due to retirement, we are looking to appoint a Headteacher who will both embrace the strengths of the past and rise to the challenges of the future, bringing drive and ambition and providing the highest standard of leadership.
The Governors are seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and exceptional Headteacher with a clear vision to build on our excellent reputation and growing success. Located within the vibrant multi-cultural city of Leicester and rated as good at our last inspection, we are a forward-thinking school with a great deal to offer our new Headteacher.
We are looking for a Headteacher who
- Is an inspirational, enthusiastic and motivational leader, team player and manager who can inspire children and staff to reach their full potential
- Has the ability to engage with the rich cultural and demographic mix of the catchment area and to promote effective engagement with parents and the wider community
- Has a good understanding of all aspects of school management, including a sound knowledge of financial management
- Is a successful and experienced teacher with high expectations and the capacity to further develop strategies that will enable progression of every child’s learning.
We are offering
- An exciting opportunity to work in a friendly and inclusive school with enthusiastic, well behaved children who are eager to learn
- A dedicated and experienced staff team with a high degree of commitment to the school
- An active and committed Governing Body that provides key support and challenge
- The opportunity to develop professionally and personally and enjoy excellent networking experiences with local schools
We hope to be able to welcome visits to the school prior to the closing date and these may be arranged by contacting Caroline Ahern, Business Manager, for an appointment. We also strongly recommend that you look at our school website.
If you require further information, this may be obtained from Human Resources Team, Leicester City Council, First Floor Sovereign House, 17 Princess Road West, Leicester LE1 6TR.
Closing Date for applications: 6.00pm on 1st February 2021
Please note that any application forms received after the closing date will not be accepted. If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be informed by 8th February 2021. If you have not heard by that date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful this time.
Interview Dates: 2nd, 3rd and 4th March 2021
Those candidates invited for interview will be informed which date(s) they are required to attend.
Evington Valley Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks which will include an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, are a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations (2009) and other necessary checks.