The governors, staff and pupils at St Barnabas CE Primary School are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, effective and committed headteacher who will sustain and build on the successes of our school. We are seeking to appoint an experienced leader to build on our strengths, to shape the school’s improvement and continuing to raise standards, reflecting the school’s Christian ethos.
Our new Headteacher should aspire for excellence. We want to appoint someone who will be able to demonstrate, from a track record of whole school change and the ability to lead to outcomes the community expects and deserves.
We serve an incredibly diverse community in Leicester, with a wide range of cultures represented within our community. The person we are looking for will be fully committed to motivate and inspire others, promoting an understanding of other faiths and cultures whilst maintaining and developing the Christian vision and values of the school as well as. Our new Headteacher will also build on the excellent links we have with St Mary & St Barnabas Parish.
Our vision is for all children and adults to flourish at St Barnabas This is based on John 10v10, when Jesus said, “I have come that they may have life, and have life in all its fullness.” We aim to be a community where all are encouraged and enabled to aspire and achieve to their full potential; where strength of character is shaped and sustained by our core Christian values; and where collective and individual well-being is grown and nurtured through a reflective, resourceful and resilient approach to life and learning.
The successful candidate will:
- Have high expectations of pupil’s achievement and behaviours
- Be a leader who can demonstrate accelerating pupil progress across the school
- Be highly motivated and committed to working in partnership with staff and governors in taking the school forward.
- Be able to articulate the Christian vision that impacts positively upon standards of achievement, the distinctively Christian character of the school and the wellbeing of the whole school community.
- Demonstrate their commitment to engaging fully with parents/carers and the wider community.
We can offer:
- Pupils with good attitudes to learning
- A highly committed staff with a strong leadership team
- Well-developed systems and programmes to support disadvantaged children
- A supportive governing body and Diocese
- A commitment to your professional development
- A positive and constructive school alliance that supports school improvement
Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS and two references, at least one from your current employer.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check.