Llantwit Major School is an English medium 11-18 mixed comprehensive school in the Vale of Glamorgan. Pupils are drawn from the town itself and the rural surrounding area. Llantwit Major School provides very high standards and was very successful in its last Estyn inspection. The school has recently undergone a major rebuild as part of the Llantwit Major Learning Community, providing excellent facilities for 21st century education.
The governors are seeking to appoint an aspirational, experienced and innovative leader who will continue to move the school forward to its goal of excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to further build upon the school's strategic vision. The person will be expected to provide inspirational and motivated leadership so that, through the continued development of curriculum delivery, all pupil outcomes and prospects are enhanced.
You will need to demonstrate:-
• Proven success in a secondary school leadership team,
• Effective strategies for raising achievement and attaining excellence,
• Effective strategies for leading the school with the new Curriculum for Wales,
• Effective strategies for promoting individual, team and school development,
• Effective partnership working and collaboration with all stakeholders.
Closing date: Tuesday 26 January, 2021 at 12 noon
Shortlisting: Monday 1 February, 2021
Interviews: Thursday 11 and Friday 12 February, 2021
Llantwit Major School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.