Wootton Bassett Infants is a small, friendly two-form entry infant school where we believe that early years education should be fun.
The school is situated at the heart of the community in Royal Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire and our site consists of old Victorian buildings, coupled with our brand-new classroom block which was completed in 2019 including our tree-house library!
The current headteacher is retiring at the end of the summer term 2021 and the governors are seeking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational headteacher to lead the school from September 2021.
We are looking for someone who:
- is fully committed to safeguarding and equality.
- is passionate about EYFS and KS1 as the foundation for a lifelong love of learning.
- will embrace and develop our creative curriculum.
- has experience of leading a school within defined budgets.
- has practical experience of school self-evaluation and development planning.
- can communicate effectively with all stakeholders to fully involve them in what we do.
- has experience and proven success in delivering high quality early learning experiences with knowledge of the current educational environment.
- believes in the benefits of using outside space for learning - whatever the weather!
- will further develop the school and its leadership team through inspirational leadership.
In return, we can offer:
- the opportunity to develop professionally.
- a strong and dedicated leadership and staff team.
- a fantastic school ethos where children, staff, governors and parents are highly supportive.
- a committed and active governing body.
- an established commitment to a broad and creative curriculum.
- children who are confident and supportive of each other.
This post offers an exciting opportunity to build on strong foundations and lead the school into this next exciting phase. The successful applicant will have a proven record in leadership and be committed to providing the very best outcomes for each and every child, building on the already excellent ethos of the school.
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged (dependant on current Covid restrictions), please contact the school to make an appointment.
Closing date for applications: 12th February 2021 at 12.00 noon
Shortlisting date: 26th February 2021
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 10th and Thursday 11th March 2021
Wootton Bassett Infants’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Wootton Bassett Infants’ School follows safer recruitment practice and appointments are subject to an Enhanced DBS check along with other relevant employment checks.
Further details, including a full job description, are available in the attached information pack.
Wootton Bassett Infants' School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.