Due to the retirement of our highly respected Head Teacher, the opportunity has arisen for a dynamic, conscientious, innovative professional to lead our unique school. We are looking for a Head Teacher who can inspire our children, staff and families to excellence.
Orchard Church of England Primary School is a wonderful, small school with a big heart which is committed to lifelong learning in a caring Christian environment.
SIAMS found that the school’s Christian values have a very positive impact on relationships, attitudes and behaviour, enabling all to flourish.
The Governing Board is seeking to appoint someone who:
- is approachable, enthusiastic, strongly motivated and has outstanding leadership experience.
- has the ambition and dedication to ensure the best outcomes for every pupil.
- has an excellent understanding of teaching and learning.
- has a clear educational philosophy which aligns with the approach and Christian ethos of the school.
- has high expectations and aspirations which will inspire the children, staff and governors.
- is fully committed and will continue to raise standards and drive school improvement.
- is capable of leading, supporting and managing a highly qualified staff and a well-established senior leadership team.
- has personal and professional integrity with the resilience to meet the day to day challenges of headship.
- has the ability to build on strong links with parents, the Church, the local community and our local family of schools.
In return, we can offer:
- a happy working environment with enthusiastic children who are eager to learn.
- an experienced, highly committed and dedicated team.
- support from a committed team of governors.
- support for your continuing professional development.
- excellent opportunities for collaborative working from our wider local and regional networks.
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of all our pupils and staff. All shortlisted candidates will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and satisfactory references.
To be arranged out of school time due to current restrictions please e-mail the school office.
Please apply by completing the application form accompanied by a supporting letter of no more than 500 words.
Applications must be received by 14:00 hours on Friday 29th January 2021
Interviews will be scheduled for Thursday 25th February 2021
Orchard CofE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.