This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an expansion plan as an established school looks to open a brand new campus in Cairo.
The school will operate on the same model as it original school in Paris, as a bilingual English / French establishment delivering a UK curriculum initially to the primary age range but will grow organically to eventually provide high quality learning to pupils aged 3 to 18. The school will eventually deliver a range of GCSEs and iGCSES followed by A level and, possibly, IBDP.
The group is expanding into Morocco in September 2021 and will open in Cairo at the same time.
The start date ideally could be April / August but there is an opportunity to 'consult' on the project if you are currently under a contractual obligation at your school.
There is huge potential in this position as the group expands.
Initially, the Head will have the overall responsibility for the academic progress, behaviour and pastoral care of the students of the Early Years, Key Stage 1 & 2, and work closely with the Director to lead and manage the Primary Team in order to provide students with enriching learning experiences and unlock their potential. This is an exciting position for an experienced UK school leader!!
- A high level of spoken and written French and English. Desirable - an understanding or level of fluency in Arabic
- A minimum of 5 years in a senior management position in a highly regarded British primary or secondary school.
- Thorough knowledge of the British education system
- Experience in working within a 'start' up school
- Experience of marketing a school to a new audience
The ideal candidate is someone enthusiastic and passionate about learning and has the drive to get the most from the primary stage whilst being involved in the organic growth of the school into secondary.
LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT
• Meets and advises the Director on all aspects of the education offered and assists with the appointment of new staff;
• Maintains an overview of curriculum standards and student progress;
• Coordinates meetings and monitors the Primary teachers;
• Supervises the learning in the Primary School, promoting good practices;
• Responsible for effective staff performance appraisal;
• Works closely with the HR Department to build effective development programs for staff;
• Responsible for student well being and welfare in the primary school.
• Organizes staff and parent meetings
• Works closely with the Director to ensure clear communication with all stakeholders, including school reports;
• Ensures the effective management and deployment of resources, including timetabling of staff and spaces.
SKILLS & PERSONAL QUALITIES
• Strong personal and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to lead by example the staff and pupils;
• Open-minded and hands-on person, with a pro-active nature;
• Strong organizational skills and the aptitude to work both independently and collaboratively;
• A team player, able to motivate students and colleague and build positive relationships;
• Flexibility and the capacity to adapt to any given situation, reacting positively;
• Good ICT skills.
• The possibility to join a unique and exciting educational project, in an international environment.
• Good working conditions
• Engaged, lively and creative learners who take pride in their school.
• A strong, forward thinking, collegiate leadership team.
• Highly motivated, supportive and committed colleagues.
• An exceptional learning environment where all pupils can flourish.
• Full-time and permanent contract
Safeguarding Statement: The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.