Required for September 2021
Salary Range L15 - L21 NOR: 200
“Together we love. Together we hope. Together we learn.”
St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School is at the very heart of an inclusive, vibrant, Catholic community. Together we share a love of learning and the love of Christ. Together we hope to inspire ourselves and each other to be the best we can. Together we learn to strive for excellence in learning.
The pupils, teachers and Governors of St Joseph’s School are seeking an inspirational headteacher, with a strong, clear vision and strategic skills to drive forward our developmental journey. The successful candidate will embrace and drive opportunities to formalise partnerships within the diocese, and integrate a new pre-school provision.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a practising Catholic who will promote Christian values.
- Demonstrate proven leadership skills that will inspire the school community and set the highest expectations for the development and achievements of every child.
- Pursue our strategic vision and commitment to further enhance current high standards.
- Develop well skilled staff at all levels and drive excellence across the school.
- Establish themselves as a motivational leader, team player, effective collaborator and delegator.
- Continue strong, established communication and positive relationships to lead and inspire our staff, pupils and parents.
- Lead the spiritual life of the school by personal example.
- Encourage and commit to developing our links with the parish, local community and schools.
- Drive forward strategic collaboration with the schools in the Newman Partnership.
We can offer you:
- Fantastic children, who are positive, keen to learn and enjoy coming to school.
- A highly motivated and dedicated staff who are committed to making a difference.
- A school rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted and the Diocese, which has a strong local reputation.
- A one-form entry school with extended school provision.
- A warm welcoming Catholic ethos with a supportive parish, governing body and Diocese.
- A well-maintained school in the coastal town of Portishead near Bristol.
- Potential contribution to relocation expenses.
Application Deadline: Monday 22nd February 2021
Interviews: Week Commencing 8th March 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.
St Joseph's Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.