Southville Primary School - Head Teacher
Salary: £67,364 - £79,167 (L20 to L27)
Full Time, Permanent
Start date: September 2021
Southville Primary is a thriving, popular and welcoming school and pre-school in South Bristol, where children are at the heart of everything we do. Our aim is to give our wonderful children the very best that we can every day that they step through our gates: high-quality lessons in all subjects, exciting and engaging experiences across a broad curriculum and our full support in developing the emotional skills needed to thrive in their future endeavours. We are a close-knit community of children, parents, staff and governors with a real sense of pride in our school, creating a positive and rewarding place to learn and to work.
“It’s a school where children smile coming in and leaving. The school community is incredibly strong and feels like a VERY large family. The staff work as one and are all dedicated to ensuring children enjoy their time at school…” (member of staff)
This is a fantastic opportunity for an exceptional senior leader to join our school and bring their experience to consolidate and build upon our school’s success.
- Southville Primary is a wonderful school with a strong, welcoming and supportive community of children, staff, parents and governors.
- We believe in every single child, and we work hard to encourage our children to be caring, confident, curious and courageous, both as individuals and as learners.
- We are fully committed to a holistic approach to education, to include physical and mental wellbeing, to ensure every child is able to fulfil their potential.
- We are an inclusive school and strong inclusion practice ensures that all children have full access to a broad curriculum, with high-quality and appropriate support put in place to ensure equal opportunities.
- We are proud that parents are overwhelmingly positive about the school. Our incredible PTA raises thousands of pounds for school enrichment every year.
- We offer a well-rounded and high-quality education and provide a teaching and learning environment that is challenging, engaging and exciting.
We are looking for:
- an inspirational and passionate educator, who believes in the importance of supporting the whole child, and will ensure that our children have opportunities to develop in all areas across a broad curriculum;
- a reflective leader, who will support and lead our exceptional staff team, enabling them to deliver the best educational experience for all our children;
- a dynamic leader, who will embrace the values of the school and is committed to working in partnership with staff and families to encourage every child to be the best they can be;
- a superb communicator, who enjoys being visible and is able to build strong relationships with all members of our community and is approachable and caring; and
- an effective manager, who is able to think creatively to anticipate and solve problems and understands the complexities and challenges of managing a large split site primary school.
In return we can offer:
- a wonderful community of positive, engaged, motivated and happy children;
- committed, hard-working and experienced staff who always strive to do their best;
- support from an enthusiastic governing board, parents and the wider community; and
- the opportunity to build on our success to date and to help us continue our journey towards making our school exceptional.
We invite you to look at our Headteacher Information Pack to learn more about us and to support you with your application.
“The school is a great school. It just needs someone who can make it sparkle.” (Parent)
Closing date: 12 noon, Friday 19th February 2021
Shortlisting: w/c 22nd February 2021
Interviews: 4th and 5th March 2021
Tours: Friday, 5th February 2021 at 9.30am and Tuesday, 9th February 2021 at 9.30am. Please email the school office to book your place or to request an alternative if these dates are inconvenient.
Southville Primary School is committed to safer recruitment practices and to the safeguarding, protection and welfare of our children. We expect all staff to share in this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure and barring service check, satisfactory references and medical check.
Equalities and Diversity:
Southville Primary is a welcoming and diverse school community where diﬀerences are celebrated. The school is fully committed to continuing to foster and further develop this ethos of diversity, inclusion and equality for all, where everyone is valued for the contribution they can make.
Southville Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and undergo an enhanced CRB check