Positively Growing Success
The Governors are seeking a Headteacher to lead our wonderful school on the next stage of its journey.
This is an opportunity to take up headship in a school that prides itself by nurturing confident individuals and confident citizens, who can lead safe and happy lives and who will make a positive contribution to society.
Applications are welcome from candidates seeking their first headship or for an experienced Headteacher who would like to continue the work undertaken towards being the outstanding school.
Penarth Group School is a Specialist Private Independent Secondary School for young people aged 11-16 years (Key Stages 3 and 4) and is maintained by Penarth Group, the Governing Body, Headteacher and staff of the school. It caters for young people who have social, emotional, or mental health difficulties. Many students also have additional complex needs including Autism, ADHD, ADD, OCD, SEMH, Specific Learning Difficulties, and Communication Difficulties. The school is registered with the Department for Education (DfE) to meet the needs of up to 15 students between the ages of 11- 16 years.
The School is on an exciting school improvement journey within a culture of high morale and strong team spirit. We are a united team of staff, students and parents/carers who work together to transform the lives of the children we teach. We have a relentless focus on being excellent in everything we do.
The successful candidate will benefit from:
• Governors who have high expectations and are positive and supportive.
• Staff that are relentless in their focus on school improvement and fully aligned to the school’s ethos, vision and values.
• Supportive parents/carers who are dedicated to school success.
• Good OFSTED rating in March 2019.
• The school met all the requirements of the schedule to the Education (Independent School Standards) Regulations 2014 (‘the independent school standards’) and associated requirements in March 2019
• An upward trend in results, projected to continue.
The successful candidate will:
• Have successful senior leadership experience in special secondary education, working with students who have additional and complex needs and behavioural complexities
• Lead by example - with integrity, creativity, resilience, and clarity.
• Sustain wide, current knowledge and understanding of education and pursue continuous professional development.
• Instil a strong sense of accountability in staff for the impact of their work on pupils’ outcomes.
• Establish an educational culture of ‘open classrooms’ as a basis for sharing best practice.
• Create an ethos within which all staff are motivated and supported to develop their own skills and subject knowledge, and to support each other.
• Have high expectations for all students and demonstrate a track record of improving outcomes for students.
• Welcome strong governance and actively support the Governing Body to understand its role and deliver its functions effectively.
• Distribute leadership throughout the organisation, forging teams.
• Create an outward-facing school which works with other schools and organisations to champion best practice and secure excellent achievements for all students.
Penarth Group School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all pupils. Shortlisted candidates will be subject to an enhanced criminal conviction check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and a declaration relating to the Childcare Disqualification Regulation (Childcare Act 2006).
Penarth Group School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.