Required for 1st September 2021
The governing body of this successful primary school wishes to appoint a motivated and innovative headteacher who:
• has a proven track record as an effective leader, manager and outstanding teacher, who inspires and empowers those around them.
• has a clear vision to further develop the school, and the skills and determination to deliver that vision with the support of staff, parents and governors.
• has high expectations of pupil achievement and behaviour.
• will lead and motivate pupils, staff and the wider community to create an effective and inclusive culture of life-long learning
• believes in the benefits of a close partnership between the school and the wider community
• is able to work collaboratively and effectively with cluster, regional and national networks
• is passionate about teaching and learning and shows great commitment to the children and staff.
• is able to show resilience and optimism when faced with potential challenges and drive the school forward by overcoming the challenges that will be faced after Covid.
• Is caring, supportive and works as part of a team
Hay-on-Wye Primary school can offer the right candidate:
• an inclusive and welcoming community where adults and pupils show a high level of kindness and respect for each other.
• a committed and highly supportive staff team and governing body, who enjoy working together for the future of their pupils and their school
• happy, enthusiastic children who are eager to learn and enjoy being valued as individuals
• ‘Pupil behaviour across the school is exemplary. They engage confidently with each other and visitors and show an eagerness to discuss their learning and to share their thoughts and ideas.’
• a calm, purposeful and supportive learning environment with friendly, dedicated and hard-working staff
• a commitment to your professional development and personal wellbeing
• a new, purpose-designed school building with state-of-the-art facilities with access to an on-site swimming pool and generous outdoor space
Hay-on-Wye Primary school currently has 160 pupils in seven single-age classes and the curriculum is supplemented with a broad range of extra-curricular activities including a whole forest school. Judged good in every area by Estyn and where ‘students make good progress as they move through the school’. We are proud of our platinum Eco School status as well as our Healthy and Fair Trade School achievements. As a school we are open to new and creative ideas and believe in the potential of every child in our care.
Hay-on-Wye is situated on the Welsh side of the border between England and Wales and benefits from both its beautiful Wye Valley setting with Black Mountain backdrop and good links to Hereford. The town’s world-famous book festival affords the school many unique opportunities throughout the year. We enjoy our position at the centre of a vibrant and creative community into which we look forward to welcoming a new headteacher
The Governing Body will consider applications from candidates who have been selected for the NPQH programme.
Hay-On-Wye C.P. School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.