The Trustees of Open Thinking Partnership are seeking to appoint an inspirational and forward looking Headteacher for Dorothy Goodman School.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented leader to work within the ethos of this newly formed Multi Academy Trust to take this already very successful school to the next levels of excellence.
You will need to:
- inspire and enable children and young people as well as colleagues to achieve their dreams and aspirations
- be a tireless advocate for improving outcomes for all through excellent education opportunities
- be committed to using the latest research to evaluate current practice and develop forward looking practice
- be a highly effective communicator with the ability to form positive relationships with all sectors of the school community
You will have:
- A passion for ensuring the education provision for all our children and young people is outstanding
- Ambition and determination to provide exceptional education which meets the needs of all pupils within our school
- Enthusiasm and energy for enabling our children and young people to enjoy their learning while also being challenged to achieve as much as possible
- An unwavering belief in the rights and dignity of children and young people with special educational needs to have the best possible chances in their future lives
- Resilience and resourcefulness to lead an excellent team
- An exceptional track record of professional development and self-motivated learning
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience of working as part of an effective senior leadership team which has improved the quality of education within a school
Dorothy Goodman School
We are a special school with an excellent local and national reputation. We cater for pupils aged between 3 and 19 years with a wide range of learning disabilities. In recognition of the diversity of our children & young people, education is offered across different sites:
- Primary Site, Stoke Road – for children & young people aged between 4 & 11 years old
- Secondary Site, Barwell Lane – for children & young people aged between 11 & 19 years old
- Vocational sixth form based at our site on Middlefield Lane
In addition, there are four inclusive satellite bases located on the sites of local mainstream schools:
- Richmond Primary School (EYFS, KS1 & KS2)
- Redmoor Academy (KS3)
- Hinckley Academy and John Cleveland Sixth Form Centre (KS4/5)
- Cleveland House which is also located on the site of Hinckley Academy and John Cleveland Sixth Form Centre and caters for secondary aged pupils with autistic spectrum conditions who work towards accessing mainstream lessons for 60%-80% of their timetable
We are committed to developing our staff team and regularly recruit and train staff for the next stage of their development. We maximise the influence of our highly skilled team by offering outreach to local schools.
Why should you join Open Thinking Partnership:
- We are at an early and exciting stage of development as a newly formed Multi Academy Trust
- We welcome challenge and new ideas
- We believe all our children and young people should have an enriching education which is about ensuring breadth of experiences as well as progress
- We are committed to staff development to help our colleagues improve education provision for our children and young people while also progressing within their careers
- You will be working within a supportive leadership team who work across the Trust
We welcome applications from committed leaders with great ideas who would be excited to join our team.
Closing date for applications: 5:00pm 11th March
Interviews: Interviews are to be held on 24th and 25th March 2021. These may be fully or partially virtual depending on the status of Covid arrangements nationally and locally.
Dorothy Goodman School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.