School: St Mary’s and St Peter’s Church of England Primary School
Location: Teddington, South West London
Contract Term: Permanent
Salary: L28 - L34 (£81942 - £94914)
Job starts: September 2021
St Mary’s and St Peter’s C of E Primary School is an outstanding, popular and over-subscribed three form entry Primary School with a pre-school on site, rated Outstanding in both our last Ofsted inspection and SIAMS. We have an experienced and committed staff who value each child as an individual. Over the last year, they have navigated the changing circumstances brought about by the pandemic with care and flexibility. Our pupils treat each other with respect and kindness and are involved in every aspect of school life.
But after 18 years, our Headteacher retires this summer, so the Governing Body is committed to finding a headteacher who will:
• embody and promote our Christian ethos through the school’s visions, values and culture
• build on the school’s strengths, provide it with strong leadership, offer coherent, strategic direction and bring a clear vision
• continue to foster our strong sense of community
• secure a climate of continuous improvement to take us forward to further success
• navigate the school through any remaining Covid restrictions and help us emerge strong and resilient, ready to move into the future with huge optimism
In additions, our pupils are hoping for a Headteacher who will:
• be fun and can have a laugh with us
• be understanding, kind and encouraging
• be a wise person
• be supportive and helpful to us
• make sure the school is kept clean, tidy and attractive inside and out
Closing date for applications: Noon, Thursday 15th April 2021
Interview dates: Thursday 22nd and Friday 23rd April 2021
It may be necessary for Interviews to be a blend of in-person and on-line elements
We hope you will download our Recruitment Pack to read more about our school and what we are looking for in the successful candidate. But words on a page will only give you a partial picture of who we are. We hope you will visit the school if possible. The necessary measures needed to keep you and us safe in this time of Covid will be in place. Please contact Allison Peach, our School Business Manager, to arrange a suitable time. Please click the Apply button to view the contact details you will need to do this.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and staff. We are also passionate about promoting Equality and Diversity in the school. We expect all staff and volunteers to share these commitments. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
St Mary's and St Peter's CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check.