Required for 1st September 2021
Salary: Group 2, L14- L20 (Salary: £58,135 - £67,364)
Number on roll: 280 (PAN 315)
At Barrs Court Primary School we aim to provide all children with an inspiring, broad and balanced education delivered in a rich learning environment that enables children to develop their independence and self-confidence to prepare them to be lifelong learners. Our school is creative, supportive, and happy where pupils feel safe and secure.
Following the retirement of our long-serving Headteacher, the governors are seeking to appoint an inspirational , Headteacher with significant senior leadership experience and resilience who demonstrates passion, ambition and drive to lead the school in its next stage of development. The candidate will be a true champion for children, families and staff to achieve their goals and aspirations At the heart of the candidate’s strategic decision making lies best practice and inclusion, pro-actively leading the very best educational provision for our children.
The ideal candidate will have the ambition to successfully raise the profile of our school, show that they are able to maintain good relationships throughout the whole school community and participate fully in the life of Barrs Court Primary School.
Barrs Court Primary School will offer you:
• A welcoming and friendly community
• Wonderful children who are keen learners
• Committed, experienced and highly motivated staff
• A creative, well-resourced and inspiring learning environment
• A balanced curriculum that reflects the needs of every child
• The opportunity to collaborate and network with other schools in our Phoenix hub
• A supportive and proactive governing body
We are looking for a charismatic, innovative and versatile senior leader who demonstrates:
• The energy, drive and enthusiasm to build on current strengths and develop new ones
• A successful history of experience leading across the Primary age phase, from Early Years to Year 6
• The ability to nurture our culture of high aspirations and expectations of staff and pupils
• Warmth, flexibility, creativity, a sense of humour and a sense of perspective
• The achievement, development and welfare of pupils as your main priority.
For more information, please see the following resources:
• Barrs Court Primary School application pack
• Our school website
Tours of the school are being offered by appointment on:
• Wednesday 10th March 2021 @ 4.00pm
• Tuesday 16th March 2021 @ 4.00pm
• Thursday 18th March 2021 @ 4.00pm
• Monday 22nd March 2021 @ 9.00am
• Tuesday 23rd March 2021.
• Tuesday 20th April 2021 and
• Wednesday 21st April 2021.
For a Headteacher Application Pack, including application form please contact Mrs Karen Llewellyn, School
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Some roles may need to comply with the ‘Childcare Act 2006’ and the ‘Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations
Barrs Court Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.