SALARY RANGE L18 – L24 (£64,143 - £73,559)
The Governors of Llanyrafon Primary School wish to appoint a highly motivated and inspirational leader from September 2021, who is committed to developing the long-term future of our school. We are a green school with 414 pupils on roll, ages 4-11. We require a lead professional who has the breadth of vision, creativity, energy and motivation to continue to build on our successes and ensure we strive for excellence in all that we do.
Our school is situated in Cwmbran and has a close relationship with the community that surrounds it, and a committed, active Parent Teachers Association. The voice of the pupil council also plays an important part in school decisions, adding to the cohesive spirit of the school. Pupils, school staff and parents/carers alike have worked towards and enjoyed the school's successes, creating a progressive atmosphere that both welcomes and nurtures.
Wellbeing is at the heart of the school for pupils, staff and parents/carers and this contributes to high levels of success in all areas.
We are looking for a Headteacher who will:
• Provide dynamic and strategic leadership that drives, motivates and enthuses all stakeholders to achieve their best; creating a shared learning culture and positive climate that permeates through all aspects of school life.
• Collaborate effectively with the whole school community to provide a holistic approach to the care and well-being of all stakeholders.
• Establish creative, responsive and effective approaches to teaching and learning; contributing to the development of collaborative practice and improving the learning experience for all pupils.
• Empower all pupils to take an active part in their own learning and personal responsibility for improving their future opportunities for educational experience
• A strategic leader who is keen to maintain the school’s forward momentum and to provide the vision to achieve excellence for all.
In return we are proud to offer you:
• An exciting opportunity to lead a popular and successful school.
• Friendly children, supportive parents/carers and established community links.
• A committed and passionate team of dedicated staff and an engaged and effective Governing Body.
• Opportunities for further professional development and support from the EAS, LA and Cluster.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). A comprehensive screening process will be undertaken on all applicants which will include an Enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
‘Torfaen County Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and applicants must be willing to undergo a comprehensive screening process appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.’
Prospective Candidates are welcome to contact Sue Davies (Chair of Governors) for an informal discussion. Given the current circumstances visits to the school will only be available to shortlisted candidates and further details will be made available.
Candidates should note that interviews and assessments may be undertaken via a virtual platform should face to face interviews not proceed due to Covid restrictions.
Closing Date: Friday 19th March 2021 at 12 noon
Shortlisting: Tuesday 30th March 2021
Interviews on: Monday 19th and Tuesday 20th April 2021
Post Reference: REQ002768-1903
Llanyrafon Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.