Nos. on Roll: 336 (Age 3-11)
Salary Range: L14 – L20
Salary: £58,135 - £67,364 per annum
Post Ref: HRC4995/7952
To commence 1st September, 2021, or as soon as possible thereafter.
The Governing Body wish to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational headteacher who will work in partnership with a dedicated and caring team of staff, a supportive governing body and happy, motivated and receptive children. YGG Pontardawe is a very successful school that has just celebrated its 50th anniversary. As a pioneer school for the Curriculum for Wales, the school confidently experiments with the planning and piloting of new enriched learning activities and experiences. This is a very exciting opportunity for the successful candidate.
Denu cywion aflonydd i ddysgu
yn ddiesgyll beunydd;
byw eu iaith fyddant tra bydd
dawn i fagu adenydd.
The successful applicant will be able to:
- Demonstrate a clear vision in maintaining and developing our school in partnership with the staff, governors, parents and the local authority
- Promote the development of dynamic teamwork and collective responsibility across a large school
- Lead, manage and motivate staff and pupils
- Raise standards of attainment and achievement for all pupils
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- Understand the importance of the school at the heart of its community
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Additional Learning Needs provision
- Ensure the efficient and effective management of the budget and all resources within the school
- Demonstrate a proven track record in school leadership, management and school improvement.
Neath Port Talbot Council is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our schools are equally committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and young people and will take action to safeguard their wellbeing.
The recruitment process for this post will be underpinned by rigorous safer recruitment assessment to ensure that children and young people are protected.
Applicants who are not currently a Headteacher must have NPQH status on appointment.
Shortlisted candidates will be formally invited to visit the school.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Check (child’s list) from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Applications may be submitted in Welsh, applications submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English.
You can apply in welsh by downloading the required application form in the supporting documents section.
The closing date for completed applications is 12 noon, Monday April 12th, 2021.
YGG Pontardawe is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.