SALARY RANGE L16 - L22 (£61,166 - £70,745)
The Governing body of Ysgol Panteg wishes to appoint a Welsh speaking, highly motivated and inspirational leader from September 2021, who is committed to developing the long-term future of our school. This position offers you potential to test and develop your leadership whilst presenting an exciting and challenging opportunity to shape the future in taking our school forward. We require a lead professional who has the breadth of vision, creativity, energy and motivation to ensure we strive for excellence in all that we do.
Ysgol Panteg opened its doors in September 2010 on the original site on Oxford Street in Griffithstown with 36 children. These children planted 36 daffodil bulbs which are represented by the 36 daffodils on the school badge. Since February 2017 we have been located on our fantastic, purpose-built site on Station Road. At present we have over 400 pupils coming from the Pontypool, Griffithstown, New Inn and Sebastopol area all enjoying and experiencing Welsh medium education and a wealth of exciting experience.
Our mission for Ysgol Panteg is to develop our children in a safe and happy place where we work together to create confident citizens for the future. We are proud to place the language and history of Wales at the heart of our teaching while embracing new technologies and fostering pride in our communities.
We are looking for a Headteacher who will:
• Provide dynamic and strategic leadership that drives, motivates and enthuses all stakeholders to achieve their best; nurture and develop future leaders and create a shared learning culture and positive climate that permeates through all aspects of school life.
• Establish creative, responsive and effective approaches to teaching and learning; contributing to the development of collaborative practice and improving the learning experience for all pupils.
• Empower all pupils to take an active part in their own learning and personal responsibility for improving their future opportunities for educational experience.
• Build a relationship of mutual respect with the governing body and wider communities to provide a holistic approach to the care and well-being of all stakeholders.
• Drive the school forward, and provide the vision to achieve excellence for all.
In return we are proud to offer you:
• Pupils who are keen to learn and enjoy coming to school.
• An exciting opportunity with hard working, supportive and dedicated staff, governors and parents who are committed to ensuring the best possible outcome for our children.
• Opportunities for further professional development and support from the EAS, LA and Cluster.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). A comprehensive screening process will be undertaken on all applicants which will include an Enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
‘Torfaen County Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and applicants must be willing to undergo a comprehensive screening process appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Prospective Candidates are welcome to contact Huw Coburn (CofG) for an informal discussion and / or to arrange a visit to the school.
Closing Date: Friday 19th March 2021 at 12 noon
Shortlisting: Wednesday 24th March 2021
Interviews on: Wednesday 14th Thursday 15th April 2021
Post Reference: REQ002775-1903
Ysgol Panteg is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.