The children, staff and governors are seeking a vibrant and inspirational new Headteacher for our well-loved Church of England Primary School, set in the delightful village of Packington in North West Leicestershire.
Our small school, with 104 pupils on roll, spanning EYFS through to Year 6, has achieved consistently good results and attracts children from the surrounding area because of its reputation for excellent teaching and its caring approach. We wish to appoint a candidate who will preserve and enhance that reputation by building on and expanding the existing strengths of the school.
The successful candidate will be:
- A strong leader who is passionate about education and focused on enabling all pupils and staff to blossom and to grow to their full potential.
- Someone who listens: to pupils, to staff, to parents, and listens too to the heartbeat of the school
- An advocate who will embrace the Christian values and traditions which form an intrinsic part of the school’s unique identity
- Someone who has creative and innovative ideas and is willing to explore new ways of doing things, using the existing strong foundation as a stepping stone to further improvements and developments
- An encourager, but willing to bring challenge where necessary
- Committed to embedding strategies to support the mental health and well-being needs of staff and pupils
- Willing to work collaboratively both within the school community and with other local school leaders and partnerships
If you come to our school we can offer you a very supportive community:
- a bright and lively, well-behaved group of children,
- a very experienced and hard-working team of staff,
- parents and grandparents and other volunteers who give active help to the school in a variety of ways,
- local clergy and church leaders who visit regularly and contribute to the spiritual life of the school
- a band of hard-working and committed governors who have the best interests of the school at heart.
We strongly encourage candidates to arrange to visit the school by prior arrangement. Please telephone the School office on O1530 4124235.
Our low staff turnover is evidence that our School is an excellent place to work. May we encourage you to consider joining us – we shall warmly welcome your application.
Closing dates for applications: Wednesday 7th April 2021 at 12 noon
Interviews: Please note that it is anticipated that a part of the interview process will involve shortlisted candidates carrying out an exercise in the school. In this event they will be invited to take a lateral flow test beforehand. Arrangements for this will be specified in the letter inviting them for interview.
Packington Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will have to meet the person specification and will be required to undertake pre-employment checks which will include a declaration that they are not a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2018 as well as an enhanced DBS check.