Salary: Leadership Pay Range L15 – L21 (£59,581- £68,347 per annum) Headteacher Group 2
Appointment for 1st September 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Governors of the Voluntary Aided School are seeking to appoint an innovative and inspirational Headteacher that is an outstanding practitioner committed to raising standards for all learners and teaching of the highest standing to further the success of school and ensure that the school provides the best opportunities for all children.
Governors are committed to appointing a Headteacher who:
• Has the ability to demonstrate strong leadership qualities including drive, ability to inspire, energy and resilience with strong personal presence.
• Has a Christian ethos, upholding Christian values.
• Has the ability to build a relationship of mutual respect with pupils, families, staff and governors.
• Has the vision for further development to achieve exceptionally high performance and standards.
• A proven track record of successful school leadership.
• Will promote values that maintain a disciplined, orderly school with a caring ethos of a voluntary aided school.
• Has the ability to build on the very good links that have been established with local primary schools, families, the wider community and local employers.
Governors will support the successful candidate in all aspects of school life; thereby creating a practice of effective learning and development throughout the school and its wider community.
St Mary’s Church in Wales Voluntary Aided Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Thorough pre-employment screening is undertaken during the recruitment process. The postholder will be required to complete an application for a Disclosure of Criminal Records.
Closing Date: 14th April 2021, Midnight.
Shortlisting: 19th April 2021
Interviews: 5th and 6th May 2021
The recruitment process will be undertaken in a way that supports COVID-19 guidance. If you have any specific considerations or requests regarding this, please let us know.
Candidates are required to send a completed application form via email for the attention of the Chair of Governors.
St Mary's C in W Voluntary Aided School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.